[net.theater] Los Angeles

daemon@water.UUCP (12/11/84)

 I seem to be going on a bizniz trip to L.A. for a couple weeks in
early January.
 Can anyone tell me what stage-shows will be playing?
 Any particulary famous theatres or shows containg exceptional techie
  genius?
 How about dinner theatre?
 How about concerts (ok, so concerts arent theatre...)?
                   Just sign me,
                          "The Tourist"

              - Ken Dykes
                Software Development Group, University of Waterloo
                Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.  N2L 3G1
                watmath!water!watbun!kgdykes

moiram@tektronix.UUCP (Moira Mallison ) (12/12/84)

In article <95@entropy.UUCP> fetrow@entropy.UUCP (David Fetrow) writes:

> The very best way to enjoy theatre in LA is to drive north, stopping in
>Ashland and Seattle. This is only slightly longer than the trip between
>Enceno (sp?) and North Hollywood and probably more rewarding.

SHAME, SHAME!  You didn't even mention the Bay Area.  In addition to
Berkeley Rep, there are several houses in the City which host professional
shows.  American Conservatory Theatre, also in San Francisco,  has been
cited as one of the best regional theaters in the country.

Moira Mallison
tektronix!moiram