[fa.info-kermit] Info-Kermit Digest V2 #5

info-kermit@ucbvax.ARPA (02/14/85)

From: Frank da Cruz <SY.FDC%CU20B@COLUMBIA.ARPA>

Info-Kermit Digest         Wed, 13 Feb 1984       Volume 2 : Number  5

Today's Topics:
                        Kermit in Turbo Pascal
                        6800/6809 FLEX Kermit
                        Color vs IBM PC Kermit
                          Kermit 64 Problem

Date: Wed 13 Feb 85 15:01:06-EST
From: Frank da Cruz <SY.FDC@CU20B.ARPA>
Subject: Kermit in Turbo Pascal
To: Info-Kermit@CU20B.ARPA

A preliminary version of Kermit written in Turbo Pascal is now available.
It was written by Jeff Duncan (LSM.DUNCAN@DEC-MARLBORO) with an eye toward
portability to the many systems that run Turbo Pascal, but the initial
implementation is for the DEC VT-180 with CP/M-80.  Kermit and/or Turbo
aficionados are encouraged to comment upon it or send support for
additional systems to Jeff.

The files are in KER:TP*.*, available via anonymous FTP from host CU20B.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 12 Feb 85 10:19 MET
From: Decus <@csnet-relay.arpa,@germany.CSNET:decus@v750.ira>
To: CC.FDC@COLUMBIA-20.ARPA
Subject: 6800/6809 FLEX Kermit

The "D68 User Group" has a Kermit for the 6800 and 6809 porocessors
under the FLEX operating system.

At present it is at the Alpa-Test stage.  It is a minimal system
(connect send receive exit) and has only been tested against a VAX/VMS
Kermit by local users.

If anyone has another 68xx version, is interested in comparing
notes, or wants a copy when it is fit for release, they can contact:

    Peter Bendall
    Post Box 1313
    2359 Hensted-Ulburg
    West Germany

for more details.

[Ed. - This will be announced when it arrives.]

------------------------------

Date: Mon 11 Feb 85 22:00:37-PST
From: David L. Pike <DAVEP@WASHINGTON.ARPA>
Subject: Re: Color vs IBM PC Kermit
To: Info-Kermit@CU20B.ARPA

	I thought I'd comment on the issue of color for ibmpc kermit
v 2.27. The reason for the white on black for the color display is that
the variable 'curattr' is set at 07h in the file msyibm.asm, so that
even if the ansi driver had a different setting this code would override
it.  It's fairly easy to insert your favorite value in there.....

------------------------------

Date:     Tue, 12-FEB-1985 01:25 EST
From:     ALLAN TEO <USERLIB@YULEO>
Subject:  kermit 64 problem
To:       KERMSRV@CUVMA

TO whom it may concern,

    I believe the current hex file for c64ker hex is corrupted
in some way.  The program will boot up on the commodore 64 but
will crash after it has been properly saved and re - loaded.
will some one in charge re-assemble another copy of c64ker m65?
Thank You. (Many others have had this strange problem)

[Ed. - The author of Commodore 64 Kermit (the CROSS version, not
the Forth version) indicates that a new, more complete release
will be available soon.]

End of Info-Kermit Digest
-------