[net.music.folk] Bill Staines' "Whistle of the Jay"

tfilm@ihuxn.UUCP (m e lindenmeyer) (07/19/85)

      I have tried in vain to locate a copy of Bill Staines'
 "Whistle of the Jay" (Folk Legacy FSI70) from our most prestigious
 Rose's Records and many smaller record shops in the area.  I am
 particularly interested in one selection that I believe is called
 "Place in the Choir".  The first line of the refrain is "All of
 God's Creatures have a Place in the Choir".
      Unable to obtain the recording, I am seeking words and music.
 Can anyone help me out?
                          MEL ihuxn!tfilm
                          850719.1242

olson@rochester.UUCP (Thomas J. Olson) (07/23/85)

>       I have tried in vain to locate a copy of Bill Staines'
>  "Whistle of the Jay" (Folk Legacy FSI70) from our most prestigious
>  Rose's Records and many smaller record shops in the area.  I am
>  particularly interested in one selection that I believe is called
>  "Place in the Choir".  The first line of the refrain is "All of
>  God's Creatures have a Place in the Choir".
>       Unable to obtain the recording, I am seeking words and music.
>  Can anyone help me out?
>                           MEL ihuxn!tfilm
>                           850719.1242

"All God's Critters" is one of Bill's greatest hits; he does it at most
of his concerts (the ones I've heard anyway) and in particular did it
on the recent (I think) live album "Bridges".  I don't know the label,
but I've seen it in several record stores & at concerts.  If you can't
find it, write & I'll get more particulars.

Tom (	All God's critters got a place in the choir,
	some sing low and some sing higher
	some sing out loud on the telephone wire,
	some just clap their hands...               ) Olson

steiny@scc.UUCP (Don Steiny) (07/25/85)

>     I have tried in vain to locate a copy of Bill Staines'
>  "Whistle of the Jay" (Folk Legacy FSI70)
>                           MEL ihuxn!tfilm
>                           850719.1242

	That record is available, along with 7 other Bill Staines records and
a songbook, from:

	Roundup Records
	P.O. Box 154
	North Cambrige, Massachusetts

I recommend their catalog, it is 3.95.  It has >10,000 records
by small lables.   An order blank often falls out of Rounder
Records records.
--
scc!steiny
Don Steiny @ Don Steiny Software

debo@masscomp.UUCP (Deborah O'Hanlon) (07/30/85)

>	That record is available, along with 7 other Bill Staines records and
>a songbook, from:
>
>	Roundup Records
>	P.O. Box 154
>	North Cambrige, Massachusetts

That's *Rounder*  Records, and I highly recommend their catalogue.

keesan@bbncc5.UUCP (Morris M. Keesan) (07/30/85)

In article <749@masscomp.UUCP> debo@masscomp.UUCP (Deborah O'Hanlon) writes:

>>	That record is available, along with 7 other Bill Staines records and
>>a songbook, from:
>>
>>	Roundup Records
>>	P.O. Box 154
>>	North Cambrige, Massachusetts
>
>That's *Rounder*  Records, and I highly recommend their catalogue.
That's Roundup Records.  The record label and parent company is indeed Rounder,
but for the past 10 years or so, their mail-order arm has been Roundup.  Take a
look at their catalogue, the "Record Roundup", if you don't believe me.
--
Morris M. Keesan
keesan@bbn-unix.ARPA

andrew@grkermi.UUCP (Andrew W. Rogers) (07/30/85)

In article <749@masscomp.UUCP> debo@masscomp.UUCP (Deborah O'Hanlon) writes:

>>	That record is available, along with 7 other Bill Staines records and
>>a songbook, from:
>>
>>	Roundup Records
>>	P.O. Box 154
>>	North Cambrige, Massachusetts
>
>That's *Rounder*  Records, and I highly recommend their catalogue.

The original posting is correct.  RoundUP is the mail-order branch of RoundER;
it distributes >100 independent and foreign labels (including RoundER).

I highly recommend their catalogue, too.  Great service as well!

AWR