[net.religion.christian] Marchionni calls in air strikes on UTZOO

V6M@PSUVM.BITNET (02/14/85)

<<>>

Laura,
Where are you studying???  I don't want to immolate the entire N. American
Continent to rid us that perverse and Satanic Institute.

Only kidding...Really where are you.

BTW there are multiple issues here which she raises.
NATURALLY I will address them later.
LOTS OF   :-)

Marchionni  V6M@PSUVM.BITNET

laura@utzoo.UUCP (Laura Creighton) (02/18/85)

Hi there. Utzoo is the university of Toronto department of Zoology.
I am studying at Saint Michael's College of U of T. A long time ago,
before there was U of T, there were many (6?) different College/Universities
in a 10 block radius in Toronto  -- one for each major Christian denomination.
I don't know where the  Jews went then.  Right now we are supposed to
be one big happy family -- but, university politics being what they
were, we are not.

so, SMC has its own philosophy and religion departments. I am taking
philosophy courses there, since I am particularily interested in the
philosophy of Aristotle and it is taught much better there. But, in
between classes it is most fun to  go up to the lounge and argue with
the Seminarians and other religion majors -- unless you can get a good
libertarian/marxist debate going in the basement!!

6 years ago what I knew about Catholicism (official Catholicism, not
the folk beliefs which I had heard about) could have been written  on
a postage stamp. Now I know lots more. Of course, what the Seminarians
knew about Buddhism could be written on a postage stamp as well -- and
now they know more as well...

Laura Creighton (would  have sent you mail, but can't ever get through
utzoo!laura	 bitnet)

seifert@mako.UUCP (Snoopy) (02/20/85)

In article <1581V6M@PSUVM> V6M@PSUVM.BITNET writes:

>Laura,
>Where are you studying???  I don't want to immolate the entire N. American
>Continent to rid us that perverse and Satanic Institute.
>
>Only kidding...Really where are you.
>
>Marchionni  V6M@PSUVM.BITNET

Excuse me?  Laura may be a lot of things (rational, logical, and intelligent
spring to mind) but satanic isn't one of them.  Unless you're going to
apply the term "satanic" to anyone who isn't a Christian.  Which would
be a wholesale disaster.

The question is, "where are *you*?"   "V6M@PSUVM.BITNET" indeed!

I think you also owe Laura an appology. You also owe net.religion.christian
an appology for dragging us down to the level of net.flame.

We're waiting.

        _____
        |___|		the Bavarian Beagle
       _|___|_			Snoopy
       \_____/		tektronix!mako!seifert
        \___/

you know you've been spending too much time on the computer when
your friend misdates a check, and you suggest adding a "++" to fix it.

p.s.

(Yes, I saw the "Only kidding".  Big deal.  An "Only kidding" only goes
so far.  And yes, I would have ignored it if it had been posted by certain
other netters.  I expect that sort of garbage from them.  But your previous
articles have been far above this sort of garbage, which makes it even
worse.)

btw, it's "utzoo", not "UTZOO"