[net.music] Mole Trilogy

barth@tellab1.UUCP (Barth Richards) (11/06/85)

In article <10841@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> rosen@ucbvax (Rob Rosen) writes:

>    Well, I am generally not one to respond to "cutting edge" and "best
>group/guitarist/bodily attributes" postings, but I don't recall seeing
>the only band whose work I feel to be truly "on the cutting edge" mentioned:
>
>     I am of course referring to THE RESIDENTS.
>
>If you haven't heard them yet (I know that quite a few
>net-people have), do yourself a favour and check out one or two of their
>albums -- especially recommended is the four-part MOLE TRILOGY (no, I am
>not kidding...it's probably the only four part trilogy in existence).
>I personally like "Duck Stab" the best --I got it in a cutout bin for $2.99.

There is, in fact, only three parts to the Mole Trilogy: MARK OF THE MOLE,
THE TUNES OF TWO CITIES, and THE BIG BUBBLE: PART FOUR OF THE MOLE TRILOGY.
There never was a part three. Most of the albums between TTOTC and TBB had a
note somewhere on the back cover to the effect that "the record you are now
holding is not part three of the Mole Trilogy."

Just thawt ya mite like ta noaw.

				Barth Richards
				Tellabs, Inc.
				Lisle, IL

				"I intentionally had my driver's license
				 photo taken out of focus so that when I get
				 pulled over, the cop goes, '...............
				 ............Uh...you can go.'"
                                -Steven Wright

p.s. I, in fact, mentioned The Residents, but I was the only one.