[net.religion.christian] Christian Headbangers

ellis@spar.UUCP (Michael Ellis) (05/16/85)

>>..and I'd better not hear any .... about their politics either or
>>you won't even know why you got killed...these guys are hardcore
>> skinhead rock band that has RIGHT wing politics and LIKES Ronald
>> Reagan.  Maximum Rock & Roll hates them -- Davidl
>-=-
>...the next thing you know we'll have Headbangers for Christ.
> -- Chris Valas

    I heard that the band `Exodus' plays Christian metallic punk.
    Can anyone verify this rumor?

-michael

hutch@shark.UUCP (Stephen Hutchison) (05/21/85)

In article <246@spar.UUCP> ellis@spar.UUCP (Michael Ellis) writes:
>>>..and I'd better not hear any .... about their politics either or
>>>you won't even know why you got killed...these guys are hardcore
>>> skinhead rock band that has RIGHT wing politics and LIKES Ronald
>>> Reagan.  Maximum Rock & Roll hates them -- Davidl
>>-=-
>>...the next thing you know we'll have Headbangers for Christ.
>> -- Chris Valas
>
>    I heard that the band `Exodus' plays Christian metallic punk.
>    Can anyone verify this rumor?
>
>-michael

Try looking for the holy metal band "Stryper".  Strange stuff they do
but not nearly as bilious as the standard "christian muzak" fare and
also more tolerable than listening to some self-proclaimed Satanist
telling everyone that because he's damned, everyone is.

Hutch

dubois@uwmacc.UUCP (Paul DuBois) (05/29/85)

> >>-=-
> >>...the next thing you know we'll have Headbangers for Christ.
> >> -- Chris Valas
> >
> >    I heard that the band `Exodus' plays Christian metallic punk.
> >    Can anyone verify this rumor?
> >
> >-michael
>
> Try looking for the holy metal band "Stryper".  Strange stuff they do
> but not nearly as bilious as the standard "christian muzak" fare and
> also more tolerable than listening to some self-proclaimed Satanist
> telling everyone that because he's damned, everyone is.
>
> Hutch

"Stryker", I believe.
Other rather, uh, unusual people/bands to try are:
	Steve Taylor
	Undercover
	77's

I'd recommend them all heartily, but I have to keep up my
anal-retentive Fundamentalist image, you know.

--

Paul DuBois     {allegra,ihnp4,seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!dubois        --+--

59231ig@houxm.UUCP (I.GERSZBERG) (05/30/85)

<>

> ..."Stryker" I believe....
>  Paul Dubois

No! The original article was correct.  The band's name is Stryper for
"by His stripes (wounds) were we healed".  They wear orange and black
striped costumes in concert.

Enjoy,
Bob Switzer

--
Robert Switzer
(the views expressed in this article are strictly my own