[net.religion.christian] meeting SO's at work

fsks@unc.UUCP (Frank Silbermann) (07/20/85)

(from net.singles)
In article <brl-tgr.4> wmartin@brl-tgr.ARPA (Will Martin ) writes:
>	I have long stated that one of the *best* places to meet a mate
>is at work. The other place is church.
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Would you recommend this even to a non-believer?  How bad would it be
to attend church strictly for such worldly reasons?

	Frank Silbermann

wfi@rti-sel.UUCP (William Ingogly) (07/23/85)

In article <643@unc.UUCP> fsks@unc.UUCP (Frank Silbermann) writes:

>>	I have long stated that one of the *best* places to meet a mate
>>is at work. The other place is church.
>             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Would you recommend this even to a non-believer?  How bad would it be
>to attend church strictly for such worldly reasons?
>
>	Frank Silbermann

I thought that's what the Unitarian-Universalist church was for :-)
[Sorry, all you Unitarian-Universalists out there; I just couldn't
resist]

                                -- Cheers, Bill Ingogly

edw@ihopa.UUCP (Edwin Windes) (07/26/85)

 Will Martin:
> >	I have long stated that one of the *best* places to meet a mate
> >is at work. The other place is church.
>              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 Frank Silbermann:
> Would you recommend this even to a non-believer?  How bad would it be
> to attend church strictly for such worldly reasons?

	Sure, we'd be glad to have you, as long as you promise to give a
listen to what goes on while you are there!
	"Whatever the motive... Christ is proclaimed."
--
				Edwin D. Windes
				...!ihnp4!ihopa!edw

 "Badges?  We don't need no stinking badges!  We've got .signature files."

DISCLAIMER: The above named (hereafter referred to as "me") claims sole
	responsibility for the contents of this posting.  In no way shall
	such postings be taken as the opinion of any other party (namely
	my employer, school, friends, relatives, acquaintances or pets).