[net.religion.christian] Since God *does* exist

ptl@fluke.UUCP (Mike Andrews) (09/05/85)

Hi,

Since God does exist --- sounds good, doesn't it; the truth always sounds
good.  Something I've learned, the hard way as is usually the case, is that
faith is not only what I choose to believe, but also what I choose not
to believe.

Those of us who choose to believe in the all knowing and all loving God,
omnipresent in every dimension that we know of anyway, and that Jesus is His
Son, that there is eternal life, with options as to where we want to go, we
have Hope in this life.  Not a life with any less trials and pain than others
who choose not to believe, but a life with Hope.  God gives us the Grace to
make choices with, but we still make our own choices.  Making no choice is
also a choice made.

Those who choose not to believe in God have a faith and god(s) of their own.
And the despair in a life with no Hope *requires* our prayers.

Rather than argue and bicker endlessly, pray for the Body of Christ and
especially for those who don't believe, that God will touch them as well
as us, and let us all know of His endless flood of Love and Mercy.  I join
John Emery in asking your support for this newgroup.  The testimonies are
great!

God Bless,

	Mike Andrews
--

  God said He would never leave me nor forsake me, and that I am His temple.

		          A man is what he thinks.

A body led by the soul is only 2/3 of a person : the soul tries to get rid of
			        the spirit.
A body led by the spirit is a whole person : the spirit works to make the soul
    help the body.  And a spirit led by God the Holy Spirit is invincible.

mrh@cybvax0.UUCP (Mike Huybensz) (09/09/85)

In article <1460@vax3.fluke.UUCP> ptl@fluke.UUCP (Mike Andrews) writes:
> Since God does exist --- sounds good, doesn't it; the truth always sounds
> good.

If you give me all your money, you will definitely go to heaven.  Sounds good,
doesn't it; the truth always sounds good.

> Something I've learned, the hard way as is usually the case, is that
> faith is not only what I choose to believe, but also what I choose not
> to believe.

There's hope for you as an agnostic.  There are a few more things you need
to choose not to believe.

> Those of us who choose to believe in the all knowing and all loving God,
> omnipresent in every dimension that we know of anyway, and that Jesus is His
> Son, that there is eternal life, with options as to where we want to go, we
> have Hope in this life.

You also have a run on sentence.  I have hope that you can solve that
problem in this life.

> Not a life with any less trials and pain than others
> who choose not to believe, but a life with Hope.  God gives us the Grace to
> make choices with, but we still make our own choices.  Making no choice is
> also a choice made.

You also have an atrocious non-sequiteur.  If you must praise yourself
with self-indulgent, gratuitous pomposity, please organize it nicely.

> Those who choose not to believe in God have a faith and god(s) of their own.
> And the despair in a life with no Hope *requires* our prayers.

I have no gods nor religious faith as you suppose.  Pull your head out of
the sand of your religious desert and talk to some of us agnostics at the
fertile oases.  Or is our Despair supposed to be as invisible as your Hope
and Grace?
--

Mike Huybensz		...decvax!genrad!mit-eddie!cybvax0!mrh