[net.religion.christian] Paul Zimmerman

cjdb@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Charles Blair) (09/05/85)

Mr. Zimmerman, you have on several occasions referred to God as a "pig" and
an "animal."  Do you hate animals, too? I find your hatred both
offensive and scary.

ray@rochester.UUCP (Ray Frank) (09/11/85)

> Mr. Zimmerman, you have on several occasions referred to God as a "pig" and
> an "animal."  Do you hate animals, too? I find your hatred both
> offensive and scary.

I have never encountered a person with as much inner resentment and
hate in his heart as you so obviously project.  Some where along the
way, something must have occured that so disillousioned you as to cause
you to become this hard person that you are.  You are so confused by
you present circumstances that you must lash out at something, and you've
taken aim at God.  If it were not God than it would asuredly be someone or
something else that you would use as you're personal bowling ball.  It is
time that you took stock of your circumstances and begin to look in the
right directions and come to the proper conclusions as to who is really
responsible for your present circumstances.  Namely you are totally respon-
sible.  God said he gave us free will.  If you drive at 100mph and smash
up, it is your own foolishness not God's, that caused the accident.
The bottom line of all you're postings is that you don't want any ills
to befall mankind, especially if they occur to you.  You seem to think that
mother earth should be a bed of roses and when you find the contrary exists,
you lash out like a child who didn't get dessert.  You seem absolutely not
to want to look anywhere but to God for all the woes of mankind.  If you take
a long, deep, serious look at yourself, you will be surprised to find that
what you are is what you think.  You are the biggest contributor to the
happiness or misery surrounding your life and can have much the same impact
on those closest to you.  You might as well kick your dog in the stomach for
a hurricane that damaged your home as to blame God.  At least He gave us the
intelligence to know how to build the house in the first place.
Remember my friend, we are on Earth for a millisecond in the whole scheme of
things,  don't think for a moment that this is the true reality, for
according to the bible, a greater realization of the true nature of our-
selves awaits us in the infinitum  of the hereafter.  It is only then that
we will be able to fathom and make any sense out of the things that seem
confusing now.  We will only then see the infinite wisdom with which God
so lovingly and paitently dealt with the people of his world.
If you somehow irreversibly blow it in this millisecond, you will have
infinitum to lambaste your self for it.
If I'm right about God, I've gained everything, if I'm wrong, Ive lost
nothing.  But you, if you're wrong, you've lost everything forever.

regards
   ray

mrh@cybvax0.UUCP (Mike Huybensz) (09/12/85)

In article <11555@rochester.UUCP> ray@rochester.UUCP (Ray Frank) writes:
> I have never encountered a person with as much inner resentment and
> hate in his heart as you so obviously project. [Zimmerman]

I see no projection of hate.  Paul is trying to help you and the other
miguided Christians.  You are the one projecting hate in this diatribe.

> Some where along the way, something must have occured that so disillousioned
> you as to cause you to become this hard person that you are.

On the contrary, I see Paul as a missionary with a true religious fervor.
No disillusionment: rather enlightenment.

> You are so confused by
> you present circumstances that you must lash out at something, and you've
> taken aim at God.  If it were not God than it would asuredly be someone or
> something else that you would use as you're personal bowling ball.  It is
> time that you took stock of your circumstances and begin to look in the
> right directions and come to the proper conclusions as to who is really
> responsible for your present circumstances.  Namely you are totally
> responsible.

Religious psychobabble.  Look at how the damager god has warped your
perceptions!  Paul's blaming God is analogous to your blaming Satan for
his temptations.  Except that Paul is right, and God and Satan are one
and the same evil being, the damager god.

> God said he gave us free will.  If you drive at 100mph and smash
> up, it is your own foolishness not God's, that caused the accident.
> The bottom line of all you're postings is that you don't want any ills
> to befall mankind, especially if they occur to you.  You seem to think that
> mother earth should be a bed of roses and when you find the contrary exists,
> you lash out like a child who didn't get dessert.  You seem absolutely not
> to want to look anywhere but to God for all the woes of mankind.  If you take
> a long, deep, serious look at yourself, you will be surprised to find that
> what you are is what you think.  You are the biggest contributor to the
> happiness or misery surrounding your life and can have much the same impact
> on those closest to you.  You might as well kick your dog in the stomach for
> a hurricane that damaged your home as to blame God.  At least He gave us the
> intelligence to know how to build the house in the first place.

Free will in a fixed game, where you can't win, can't break even, and can't
leave the game is no bargain.  The damager god set up the game, for the
purpose of watching us suffer.  He could have set up the game some other
way; but for his own cruel and inscrutable purposes he has determined that
no matter what our decisions, we shall inevitably suffer.

> Remember my friend, we are on Earth for a millisecond in the whole scheme of
> things,  don't think for a moment that this is the true reality, for
> according to the bible, a greater realization of the true nature of our-
> selves awaits us in the infinitum  of the hereafter.  It is only then that
> we will be able to fathom and make any sense out of the things that seem
> confusing now.  We will only then see the infinite wisdom with which God
> so lovingly and paitently dealt with the people of his world.

You would then see how cruelly you have been hoaxed and mislead, if the
damager god had created a hereafter, which he hasn't.

> If I'm right about God, I've gained everything, if I'm wrong, Ive lost
> nothing.  But you, if you're wrong, you've lost everything forever.

If you're wrong about the damager god, you've blown your only chance forever,
here on earth.  If I'm right, I've got a chance to strike back at the
damager god, by living a pleasurable life, by creating my own heaven on
earth, and throwing it in his face.

[By the way, from the Moslem point of view, you're wrong and have lost
everything forever, and have thrown away your chance of eternal life.
You are presenting a false dichotomy, because there are many other possible
high-payoff options, such as the rewards of belief in Allah, Buddha, etc.]
--

Mike Huybensz		...decvax!genrad!mit-eddie!cybvax0!mrh

rlr@pyuxd.UUCP (Rich Rosen) (09/14/85)

>>Mr. Zimmerman, you have on several occasions referred to God as a "pig" and
>>an "animal."  Do you hate animals, too? I find your hatred both
>>offensive and scary.

> I have never encountered a person with as much inner resentment and
> hate in his heart as you so obviously project.  Some where along the
> way, something must have occured that so disillousioned you as to cause
> you to become this hard person that you are.  You are so confused by
> you present circumstances that you must lash out at something, and you've
> taken aim at God.  If it were not God than it would asuredly be someone or
> something else that you would use as you're personal bowling ball. [RAY FRANK]

You mean like "acid rock"?  Planned Parenthood?  You are one to talk, eh?
I find it ironic that here you do not even refer to the words of Paul
Zimmerman (I used to think *I* got abuse until I saw the way this
newsgroup vilely and condescending made remarks about *him*!), but instead
quote hearsay remarks by someone else (???).  This says a lot about your
thoroughness in thinking.

> You seem absolutely not to want to look anywhere but to God for all the woes
> of mankind.

You've chosen some interesting places to look yourself.  (Please read
net.abortion for examples of what I am referring to regarding Mr. Ray Frank.)
--
"iY AHORA, INFORMACION INTERESANTE ACERCA DE... LA LLAMA!"
	Rich Rosen    ihnp4!pyuxd!rlr

beth@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Beth Christy) (09/28/85)

[The Damager-Line-Eater ate this, but created another one to drive us crazy]

From: mrh@cybvax0.UUCP (Mike Huybensz), Message-ID: <749@cybvax0.UUCP>:
>Free will in a fixed game, where you can't win, can't break even, and can't
>leave the game is no bargain.  The damager god set up the game, for the
>purpose of watching us suffer.  He could have set up the game some other
>way; but for his own cruel and inscrutable purposes he has determined that
>no matter what our decisions, we shall inevitably suffer.

But in his initial posting, Paul stated that the damager-god's claims
to have created anything were a sham, that the earth and humans (AND
the god itself) evolved in accordance with natural forces.  So why
should we credit/blame the damager-god for setting up the game so we
can't win, can't break even and can't quit?

--

--JB        (Beth Christy, U. of Chicago, ..!ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!beth)

"What if the after-effect of the terrible bomb is unusual beyond belief?
 Wouldn't you rather the whole population had listened to somebody like
    the old Indian chief?"   (The Roches)

mrh@cybvax0.UUCP (Mike Huybensz) (10/04/85)

In article <1149@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP> beth@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Beth Christy) writes:
> But in his initial posting, Paul stated that the damager-god's claims
> to have created anything were a sham, that the earth and humans (AND
> the god itself) evolved in accordance with natural forces.  So why
> should we credit/blame the damager-god for setting up the game so we
> can't win, can't break even and can't quit?

Paul and I may differ on the exact power and influence of the damager god.

Hey, maybe I'm the first schismatic heretic of damager-god beliefs!  :-)
--

Mike Huybensz		...decvax!genrad!mit-eddie!cybvax0!mrh