[net.religion.christian] differences between Protestant Churches??[

ptl@fluke.UUCP (Mike Andrews) (12/20/85)

In article <1435@jhunix.UUCP> ins_apmj@jhunix.ARPA (Patrick M Juola) writes:

>I've come to the conclusion that the only people who consider Episcopalians
>to be Protestant are Irish Catholics and about half of the Episcopalians. :-)
>
>							Pat Juola
>							Johns Hopkins Maths

Whoaaaaaaa, :-)

I'm Irish Catholic, and still have family back there.  They are farmers, living
just south of Dublin, begora (if that's how it's spelled).  My Episcopalian
friends can consider themselves whatever they want to.  I'll still love them
just the same.  One of my brothers is married to a Lutheran, and she and her
family are wonderful.  The people we met when their baby girl, Caitlyn (Irish
for Kathleen, pronounced Catch-leen in Ireland, Kate-lynn in America), was
baptised in the Lutheran church were also wonderful.

Contrary to popular belief, Andrews is an Irish name.  It started as Andre
in France.  We got kicked out.  Then went to England.  We got kicked out.
Then somewhere in the 1500's (?) went to Ireland.  Ah home!  We've been
kicked out of some of Europe's finest countries - and we ended up in the
best.  All Irish are humble - God's greatest gift to us.  And it is true
that a wee bit 'o Heaven fell to the earth and they called it Ireland.

God Bless,

Mike (begora) Andrews

             God says He is always with us, and will not leave us.

ARPA : fluke!ptl@uw-beaver.ARPA
UUCP : {uw-beaver, sun, allegra, sb6, lbl-csam}!fluke!ptl