[net.religion.christian] My two cents on Real Presence

csg@pyramid.UUCP (Carl S. Gutekunst) (01/07/86)

In article <2030@akgua.UUCP> rjb@akgua.UUCP (R.J. Brown [Bob]) writes:
>Does the RC Church have special disposal procedures for
>unused, but consecratred, bread and wine ?

It all is consumed on the spot, either by members of the congregation or by
the priest. (A number of obvious jokes follow from the latter situation.) The
priest also rinses the chalice with water and then drinks the water, to insure
that no residual wine is left in it.
--
Carl S. Gutekunst   {allegra,cmcl2,decwrl,hplabs,topaz,ut-sally}!pyramid!csg
Pyramid Technology Corp, Mountain View, CA  +1 415 965 7200