[net.religion.christian] My Favourite Religious Joke

ptl@fluke.UUCP (Mike Andrews) (03/11/86)

Gag, cough, cough ... ok, ok, one for the Protest-tants :-)

Here's another good (?) religious joke.

In Ireland, a Catholic priest and Protestant minister both got new
cars.  They were friends and went to show their new cars off to eachother.
They were also a little competative.  One day driving their new cars
they met on a small country road; the roads are very narrow.  The priest
darted out ahead of the minister and stepped on it.  The minister decided
he wasn't to be outdone, so he put it to the floor and caught up with the
priest.  The road widdened a little, and the minister whipped around and
got ahead of the priest.  The priest decided he wasn't to be left in the
dust, so he floored it.  He got on the rear bumper of the minister when all
of a sudden the minister saw a cart ahead in the road, and stomped on his
brakes.  The priest couldn't stop in time and slammed into the rear of the
ministers car.  So there they sat, the rear of the minister's car all
bashed in, and the whole front of the priest's car crushed.

A police man, a good Catholic, came on the scene, looked at both
cars.  Then he went to the priest and asked, "How fast was he going, Father,
when he backed into you?"

Well ... when I first heard it, it sounded a lot better.

God Bless,

Mike Andrews

             God says He is always with us, and will never leave us.

ARPA : fluke!ptl@uw-beaver.ARPA
UUCP : {uw-beaver, sun, allegra, sb6, lbl-csam}!fluke!ptl

ins_akaa@jhunix.UUCP (Ken Arromdee) (03/12/86)

In article <2721@pyuxd.UUCP> rlr@pyuxd.UUCP writes:
>Only goes to show.  When I heard that joke, it involved a Christian religious
>leader who threatened to banish/persecute the Jews unless a Jewish leader
>won a religious debate with him, having much the same scenario.  (Next we'll
>hear that bagels and lox was invented by a Christian...)

So did I.
--
Kenneth Arromdee                                               |      |
BITNET: G46I4701 at JHUVM, INS_AKAA at JHUVMS                 -|------|-