[net.religion.christian] Make net.religion.christian something special

ins_akaa@jhunix.UUCP (Ken Arromdee) (03/08/86)

In article <14@cal-asd.fluke.UUCP> ptl@fluke.UUCP writes:
>So what if a very few people ridicule your thoughts and feelings and beliefs.
>So what.  Pray for those people, and turn them over to God.  Then go on
>with expressing what you want to those who really care.

In many cases this "ridicule" is not ridiculing, but discussion.  The above
statement is like telling a Republican that when he/she talks politics with a
Democrat, he is actually ridiculing the Democrat because he/she has expressed
different beliefs.

>Why respond to others who want to destroy this net, you only feed them.
>It only serves their
>own needs.  Why even waste the time to read their articles, when there are
>other good ones to read and get into and enjoy.

Why go around saying that someone is trying to destroy the net, just because
you don't like the topics they talk about?  Why claim that your opponents
are "serving their own needs" by posting, while you are not?

>Mike Andrews

>God says He is always with us, and will never leave us.

Big Brother is watching YOU.
--
Kenneth Arromdee                                               |      |
BITNET: G46I4701 at JHUVM, INS_AKAA at JHUVMS                 -|------|-

dave@cylixd.UUCP (03/18/86)

>> ... God intends for you and me to make it all
>> it can be, and He will (!) work thru our efforts. [MIKE ANDREWS]

>I think there are those that would welcome information as to how you
>determined god's intentions above. [PADRAIG HOULAHAN]

Perhaps what Mr. Andrews was getting at was an application of one of
our Christian scriptures, which says "Whatsoever ye do, do all to the
glory of God. (I Cor. 10:31)"

Dave Kirby    ( ...!ihnp4!akgua!cylixd!dave)

padraig@utastro.UUCP (Padraig Houlahan) (03/20/86)

In article <860@cylixd.UUCP>, dave@cylixd.UUCP (Dave Kirby) writes:
> >> ... God intends for you and me to make it all
> >> it can be, and He will (!) work thru our efforts. [MIKE ANDREWS]
>
> >I think there are those that would welcome information as to how you
> >determined god's intentions above. [PADRAIG HOULAHAN]
>
> Perhaps what Mr. Andrews was getting at was an application of one of
> our Christian scriptures, which says "Whatsoever ye do, do all to the
> glory of God. (I Cor. 10:31)"

> Dave Kirby    ( ...!ihnp4!akgua!cylixd!dave)

Perhaps, but I don't see how glorification is the same as knowledge of
intent.

Padraig Houlahan.