[ca.general] Phil Ngai

mikep@ism780c.UUCP (11/13/87)

In article <19062@amdcad.AMD.COM> phil@amdcad.UUCP (Phil Ngai) writes:
>In article <863@tolerant.UUCP> jane@tolerant.UUCP (Jane Medefesser) writes:
>>AND - at the risk of being called a "know-it-all knave" by Phil Ngai - I
>>believe we had this discussion about the availability of the gold on blue
>>plates and those with real recent experience said that they were no longer
>>available.  (Perhaps these "new" blue on white" plates are the cheeper
>>alternative to the more expensive "sunset" version??)
>>( Phil - if I'm wrong - keep it to yourself )
>Jane, you are one of the last people I would call a "know-it-all".
>Know-nothing might be appropriate. You have shown yourself to be a
>source of misinformation, to be too lazy to check your statements with
>a quick phone call to the DMV, and to be about three years old
>emotionally when someone has the nerve to correct your misinformation.
>And I was going to ignore your posting until you attacked me.

Well, allow me to bust in on this friendly conversation.  Personally,
I take Jane's side.  Phil is a giant pain in the ass.  The correct
information that he provides isn't worth the aggravation that
he seems to raise.  Why is it that Phil has this ``Holier than
thou'' attitude?

Phil pretends that he was just trying help.  Phil, my man, it's
in the way that you do things (to quote a song).  If you'd
just said that the yellow on blue plates were no longer
available instead of  calling Jane all sorts of names and
criticizing her intelligence, things would have been alright.

As I've written before, we all don't have the same priorities.
I think Phil's got a terrible superiority complex which may
stem from having a tremedous inferiority complex.  Else
why would he go through so much trouble to insult and
put down other people, in effect saying, "See, you're
not as smart as I am!"

We welcome your information, but leave you bickering little
criticisms at the office, Phil.

-MikeP