[net.micro.mac] Tilde Patch

jimb@amd.UUCP (Jim Budler) (11/24/84)

I'm reposting my original answer to a question in net.micro.apple
here in net.micro.mac as it is appropriate.  Since I am fairly new
at posting I didn't think to do the double posting during my
original posting.

In article <emory.1436> km@emory.UUCP (Ken Mandelberg) writes:
>Does anyone have a patch for macterminal that will make
>it easier to type a ~.

Using Fedit open MacTerminal. In block 7 at position 150 is a row of
16 characters, mostly periods, with four ` and two ~.  These sixteen
characters are the table for the ~/`/Esc key.  I changed it as follows:

Starting at position 150:

	HEX  1B60 7E7E 1B60 7E7E 7E60 7E7E 7E60 7E7E

      ASCII  .`~~.`~~~`~~~`~~

The first 1B is the unshifted key.
The second 1B is with caps lock on.

The four ` are the command, caps lock-command, and either option &
command.

Any key combination with the shift key pressed will generate the
tilde.

I renamed the file MacTerm to distinguish it and placed a note in
the get information.  Thus I can always spot the modified version.
--
 Jim Budler
 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.