[net.micro.mac] VersaTerm and RamDisk

lra@aluxe.UUCP (Lonnie R. Abelbeck, AT&T Bell Labs) (12/08/84)

From info-mac...
> From: cornell!sdcsvax!sdcrdcf!ucsbcsl!iltis@uw-beaver.arpa
>
> I have noted the following problems while working with the Ramdisk:
>
> 1. VersaTerm (posted earlier) will not work when copied to the Ramdisk.
>
> etc...

This is not to blame on RamDisk, there is a bug in the safixname() function
in Aztec C68k version 'A'.  I have since unarchived the source of safixname.c
and defined a missing pointer (Jim Goodnow from Manx explained this to me)
and VersaTerm works just fine with RamDisk.

I haven't tried it yet, but I suspect that this is the reason MacWorks
on the Lisa didn't work as well.

All in all Aztec C68k is a great package.  A person can do REAL development
on a 2 disk 128k Mac.  If just the Resource Editor was completed...
maybe Jan '85...

Lonnie Abelbeck
mhuxi!aluxe!lra