[net.micro.mac] UNLISA, LISA to MAC utility

obe@magic.DEC (12/13/84)

I need the MS-BASIC utility UNLISA that converts LISA Workshop text documents
into Macintosh text documents. Apparently, it has been circulated on Compuserve
but not on Info-Mac.
My ARPA address is obe%magic.dec@decwrl.ARPA
Thanks in advance for your help.
/Jay/

brad@gcc-opus.ARPA (Brad Parker) (12/15/84)

In article <231@decwrl.UUCP> obe@magic.DEC writes:
>I need the MS-BASIC utility UNLISA that converts LISA Workshop text documents
>into Macintosh text documents. Apparently, it has been circulated on Compuserve

You can do this without a program if you're in a hurry and have Fedit.
	1. copy the text file to a mac disk with Maccom
	2. use Fedit to modify the directory entry (open the file and
	   pull down all the menu's to find this)
	3. make the file type TEXT and leave the author as ????
	4. either modify the logical eof point to be correct or
	   fill from the end of your text to the logical eof point
	   with spaces. (the logical eof is noted at the top of the
	   screen (block) which contains it.)
	5. substitute all box-( occurances with tabs.

This is a total hack and the program sounds like a better solution,
but if you're in a hurry....

ps: is Fedit public domain ? (if it is, I'll send you a copy)
--

J Bradford Parker
uucp: seismo!harvard!gcc-opus!brad

"What I did that night,