[net.micro.mac] Digital Board Failure

iltis@ucsbcsl.UUCP ( ) (01/03/85)

Subject: Digital Board Failure
About a month and a half ago, I had my 128K Mac upgraded to 512K.
The digital board failed and I am having difficulties getting it
replaced promptly (the latest word is, a couple of weeks). The local
service people told me that they had just received an announcement from
Apple about some sort of problem with the 512K digital boards (They were not
willing to provide specifics) I would like to know from the net if other people have also encountered
512K board failures, and if anything can be done to force Apple to replace the
defective boards promptly.
(Like overnight shipment of replacements or something)

I have also encountered the disk trashing problem with the 512K machine.
Curiously, with the 128K machine (which I used for 3 1/2 months prior to the
upgrade) I never lost a file or a disk.  Is there some problem inherent in the
512K machine that causes trashed disks?

If there are a lot of replies concerning premature board failures I will post
some sort of a summary.

R.A. Iltis
UC Santa Barbara Dept. ECE
Newsgroups: net.micro.mac,fa.info-mac