[net.micro.mac] January 23rd Apple To Announce MacIntosh Office.

2141smh@aluxe.UUCP (S. M. Henning,) (01/21/85)

****                                                                 ****
From the keys of Steve Henning, AT&T Bell Labs, Reading, PA aluxe!2141smh

About the time everyone turned the Super Bowl off (2 minutes left
in the 4th quarter and 49ers ahead 38 to 16), Apple had an awful
commercial with blind-folded 3-piece suit types leading each other
off a cliff like lemmings and then announced that on January 23rd
they would announce the MacIntosh Office.

toby@gargoyle.UChicago.UUCP (Toby Harness) (01/21/85)

In article <> 2141smh@aluxe.UUCP (S. M. Henning,) writes:
>About the time everyone turned the Super Bowl off (2 minutes left
>in the 4th quarter and 49ers ahead 38 to 16), Apple had an awful
>commercial with blind-folded 3-piece suit types leading each other
>off a cliff like lemmings and then announced that on January 23rd
>they would announce the MacIntosh Office.

What a concept:  "We'll replace the 'desktop accessories' with REAL
accessories on a REAL desktop....and wait, how about an ACTUAL trash can....
and, get this, a FILE CABINET (expandable to 512 folders)....."

(Actually, I thought the commercial was pretty well done, but when they said
"MacIntosh Office" the whole room cracked up.)

Toby Harness		Ogburn/Stouffer Center, University of Chicago
			...ihnp4!gargoyle!toby

dgary@ecsvax.UUCP (D Gary Grady) (01/22/85)

<>
I've heard rumors of a multiuser Macintosh with a huge, motion-picture
sized screen.  All the users sit on large mice with steering wheels that
look like amusement park bump'em cars.  Clicking is accomplished by
bouncing up and down.  Hey, YOU may think it's a joke, but I'D buy one.
:->

--
D Gary Grady
Duke U Comp Center, Durham, NC  27706

merchant@dartvax.UUCP (Peter Merchant) (01/22/85)

> In article <> 2141smh@aluxe.UUCP (S. M. Henning,) writes:
> >About the time everyone turned the Super Bowl off (2 minutes left
> >in the 4th quarter and 49ers ahead 38 to 16), Apple had an awful
> >commercial with blind-folded 3-piece suit types leading each other
> >off a cliff like lemmings and then announced that on January 23rd
> >they would announce the MacIntosh Office.
>

> (Actually, I thought the commercial was pretty well done, but when they said
> "MacIntosh Office" the whole room cracked up.)
>

> Toby Harness		Ogburn/Stouffer Center, University of Chicago
> 			...ihnp4!gargoyle!toby

Actually, the MacIntosh office has little Icons for everyone else in
the office.  If you want your secretary to take dictation, you just
move the mouse, click it on "your secretary" and drag the icon over
to "your office."

I didn't read the New York Times (if it doesn't have Bloom County and
Donnesbury, I'm not interested...) so I had no idea that Apple had an
ad cooked up for the Super Bowl.  However, by about halfway through the
ad, I thought that it HAD to be an Apple ad.  It was rather amusing, too.
You don't know how many times I've dreamed that all of the IBM people
would walk off a cliff...(and take their &^%^& PC with them!))
--
                                                     Peter Merchant