[net.micro.mac] Carbon Ribbons for the Imagewriter?

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (02/06/85)

I was looking through the latest issue of MacWorld when I noticed one of the
mail-order retail stores selling "carbon" ribbons for the Imagewriter (I
belive these were advertised as being made by Elephant).  Anyone have any
experience with these?  Also, any speculations on how this would effect
quality with the Imagewriter, and whether it would be safe to use with the
Imagewriter print head?

I suspect that there would be no problem using it (in fact, I'm curious why
no one has come out with this before), but I thought I'd better throw this
into the Bullpen...

      "I want to buy a husband who, every week when I sit down to watch "St.
       Elsewhere", won't scream, "FORGET IT, BLANCHE... IT'S TIME FOR 'HEE
       HAW'!!" "

					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
UUCP:
 {cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsrgv}!uw-beaver \
    {allegra,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,ssc-vax} -- !fluke!moriarty
ARPA:
	fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA

jimb@amdcad.UUCP (Jim Budler) (02/12/85)

In article <345@vax2.fluke.UUCP> moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) writes:
>I was looking through the latest issue of MacWorld when I noticed one of the
>mail-order retail stores selling "carbon" ribbons for the Imagewriter (I
>belive these were advertised as being made by Elephant).  Anyone have any
>experience with these?  Also, any speculations on how this would effect
>quality with the Imagewriter, and whether it would be safe to use with the
>Imagewriter print head?
>
>I suspect that there would be no problem using it (in fact, I'm curious why
>no one has come out with this before), but I thought I'd better throw this
>into the Bullpen...

I suspect that there WOULD be a problem if ALL printing was done with the
carbon ribbon.  Cloth ribbons for dot matrix printers contain silicon
lubricants for the print head.

--
 Jim Budler
 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.