[net.micro.mac] Red Ryder 4.0 posted to net.sources.

adm@cbneb.UUCP (03/19/85)

>Help, Red Ryder sections 1,2 and 6 never made it to this machine.
>I have searched the other machines I have access to an they did not
>receive them either. Soooo, would some kind soul please mail them
>to me.

We never saw sections 1, 2, 5, or 6. (Maybe the whole thing needs reposting.)

>By the way, I see from articles post to the net that CompuServe seems to
>have a lot of software for the Mac available from the Apple SIg.
>Do you folks think the membership is worth it? I have a 1200 baud only
>modem and they charge a lot for connect time at that speed.

I have the same question, please post a response if you use CompuServe.

Wayne Pollock,	{ihnp4}!cbnap!whp

jimb@amdcad.UUCP (Jim Budler) (03/22/85)

In article <3054@cbneb.UUCP> adm@cbneb.UUCP writes:
>>By the way, I see from articles post to the net that CompuServe seems to
>>Do you folks think the membership is worth it? I have a 1200 baud only
>>modem and they charge a lot for connect time at that speed.
>I have the same question, please post a response if you use CompuServe.

I have been a Compuserve subscriber for at least three years, and mainly
use it for access to MAUG, the Microneted Apple User Group.

Is it worth it?

Well, I have averaged about 40 dollars per month to that organization
over that period, or about $1400.  For this investment I have got first
crack at much of the freeware and some of the beta software.  I've gotten
free advise from some people you may have heard of: Andy Hertzfeld and
Dennis Brothers are two people on MAUG regularly.  Apple AUTHORIZED posting
of much of their software supplement there.  Andy Hertzfeld is planning
on posting the first Beta-Release of his Switch there shortly.

I think it is worth it.  BUT $1400 is a lot of money.

--
 Jim Budler
 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.