[net.micro.mac] Mac XL and Megaroids

b2@dalcs.UUCP (Bert Buckley) (05/02/85)

If you own an XL and were thinking of trying Megaroids, don't bother.
It won't work. The Megamax C people who wrote it apparently know this
and do not planning on changing it. If you are considering an XL,
here is an example of "most Mac software will work on the XL" definitely
not meaning all will work. The Lisa was not built as an XL and it isn't.
I have an XL (bought as a Lisa) but would be very careful about buying
an XL now until it is clearer what steps Apple will be taking to
ensure compatibility.

jimb@amdcad.UUCP (Jim Budler) (05/05/85)

In article <1500@dalcs.UUCP> b2@dalcs.UUCP (Bert Buckley) writes:
>If you own an XL and were thinking of trying Megaroids, don't bother.
>It won't work. ...
>I have an XL (bought as a Lisa) but would be very careful about buying
>an XL now until it is clearer what steps Apple will be taking to
>ensure compatibility.

Well, now we know, - none.
--
 Jim Budler
 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

"... Don't sue me, I'm just the piano player!...."

wrs@cmu-cs-k.ARPA (Walter Smith) (05/05/85)

I think Apple has pretty much solved their XL compatibility problems (by
discontinuing the XL).

--
         Walter Smith, CS undergraduate, Carnegie-Mellon University
       uucp: ...!seismo!cmu-cs-k!wrs          ARPA: wrs@cmu-cs-k.ARPA