[net.micro.mac] vt52 DA in net.sources.mac

jimb@amdcad.UUCP (Jim Budler) (05/17/85)

Posted in net.sources.mac:
This is a Desk Accesory, in Apple Font/DA Mover format within a hqx file.
It seems to emulate well, as I am editing this note in vi using it.  I
admit I uploaded it with MacTerminal as it supports only ascii upload
and capture, and I wasn't sure it handled the CR/LF translation.  I
picked it up off of Compuserve. I can tell you that the ~ key is ESC, shift-~
is ~, command-~ is `, backspace is backspace, command-backspace is DEL.
--
 Jim Budler
 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

"... Don't sue me, I'm just the piano player!...."

In article <1359@amdcad.UUCP> jimb@amdcad.UUCP (Jim Budler) writes:

>Posted in net.sources.mac:
>This is a Desk Accesory, in Apple Font/DA Mover format within a hqx file.
>It seems to emulate well, as I am editing this note in vi using it.  I
>admit I uploaded it with MacTerminal as it supports only ascii upload
>and capture, and I wasn't sure it handled the CR/LF translation.  I
Having made this statement, and already posted it, I decided to go ahead and
try the upload and capture.

Upload is a straight ascii stream into a waiting "cat > filename" end with
a control-D.  Everything passes before your eyes.  CR to LF translates.

Download is the same, EXCEPT, if you do it from the finder, when you excit
the DA it's not there.  But it really is.  I did a shutdown to make it
appear, but I probably could have gon ahead and opened binhex.  I
MockWrited the file, to remove the leading "cat filename" and the trailing
unix prompt, then binhexed it.  It worked fine.  Have fun.