[net.micro.mac] Word, MacWrite 4.5 limits-query

tedi@dartvax.UUCP (Edward M. Ives) (05/20/85)

Does anybody know the maximum document size on MacWrite 4.5
and on Microsoft Word?  I am under the impression that Word is limited
by the disk size to about 300 pages or something, but I haven't seen anything
about the limits on MacWrite 4.5.
                                Thanx in advance,
                                Ted Ives
                                Dartmouth College
                        CSNET:  tedi@dartvax
                       USENET:  {astrovax,ihnp4}!dartvax!tedi
"What are you majoring in?" "Oh, CompSci or PreMed.  Same thing."

jimb@amdcad.UUCP (Jim Budler) (05/20/85)

In article <3115@dartvax.UUCP> tedi@dartvax.UUCP (Edward M. Ives) writes:
>*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR MESSAGE ***
>Does anybody know the maximum document size on MacWrite 4.5
>and on Microsoft Word? ...

MacWrite is limited by the number of Carriage Returns and rulers, i.e.
by paragraph breaks.  On a 128K Mac this limit is 500.  I don't know if
the limit changes for a 512K Mac.
--
 Jim Budler
 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

"... Don't sue me, I'm just the piano player!...."