[net.micro.mac] Tips for Mazewars

davet@oakhill.UUCP (Dave Trissel) (06/10/85)

<...lineeater, lineeater flyaway home...>

Posted to net.sources.mac is an updated Screen Data MacPaint file which
makes corners boldly stand out.  Since every split-second counts, quickly
turning or stopping right before a corner can help your game.

I disassembled Mazewars to figure out how to zap the keys so that instead of
"DFG" for left-forward-right" I could do "SDF" which would make it more
natural for the hand.  Instead, I found out that "S" does a "Peek Left", and
"H" a "peek right" which is faster than the "E" and "T" aliases.  I also
discovered that the mouse button will fire just like the space bar.

If I do decide to make the "SDF" change I'll post the zaps required to the
net.

Dave Trissel    {seismo,ihnp4}!ut-sally!oakhill!davet