[net.micro.mac] Summary: keyboard remapping?

jdb@mordor.UUCP (John Bruner) (06/21/85)

A while back I posted an inquiry about remapping the keyboard on my
Mac.  Basically I wanted to turn CAPS LOCK into a CONTROL key.  I
received three responses.

Apparently there was some discussion on keyboard remapping a while
back (I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and look through the
archives).  It is apparently not too difficult to do with MacTerminal;
however, what I'm looking for is a global change (so that everything
I run will be affected).

Also, all of my correspondents indicated that in order to break the
locking mechanism on the CAPS LOCK key I would have to desolder
the key and disassemble it.  Although the key caps appear to be
detachable, they cannot be removed (without breaking them) without
disassembling the key.

Thanks for the info.  I'm ready to fix my keyboard, and I guess I'll
try to figure out what the INIT resource for the keyboard is doing
(the most likely place to start, I suppose -- sigh).
--
  John Bruner (S-1 Project, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory)
  MILNET: jdb@mordor [jdb@s1-c.ARPA]	(415) 422-0758

jimb@amdcad.UUCP (Jim Budler) (06/25/85)

In article <2361@mordor.UUCP> jdb@mordor.UUCP (John Bruner) writes:
>however, what I'm looking for is a global change (so that everything
>I run will be affected).

A truly global solution is not possible because some programs, such as
MacTerminal use their own keyboard resources.

--
 Jim Budler
 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

"... Don't sue me, I'm just the piano player!...."