[net.micro.mac] apple upgrade

henry@rochester.UUCP (06/25/85)

From: Henry.Kautz

On the subject of the "free" software that comes with the Apple
upgrade:  has ANYONE received theirs yet?  Is this yet another empty
promise?  (And they have my original system disk!  So we may be all out
the $400 excess profit on the upgrade, plus $4 for the disk!)
---- Henry Kautz
	:uucp:	{seismo|allegra}!rochester!henry
	:arpa:	henry@rochester
	:mail:  Dept. of Comp. Sci., U. of Rochester, NY 14627
	:phone: (716) 275-5766

bill@utastro.UUCP (William H. Jefferys) (06/26/85)

> On the subject of the "free" software that comes with the Apple
> upgrade:  has ANYONE received theirs yet?  Is this yet another empty
> promise?  (And they have my original system disk!  So we may be all out
> the $400 excess profit on the upgrade, plus $4 for the disk!)

Be patient.  I felt the same way last week (Have I Been Forgotten???)
since I knew at least one person who had gotten his upgrade well over
a month ago.  Then mine came (just in time to do some dynamite graphics
for a paper on our new LaserWriter!)  I guess Apple has a lot of packages
to send out and is doing them in batches.

--
"Men never do evil so cheerfully and so completely as when they do so from
	religious conviction."  -- Blaise Pascal

	Bill Jefferys  8-%
	Astronomy Dept, University of Texas, Austin TX 78712   (USnail)
	{allegra,ihnp4}!{ut-sally,noao}!utastro!bill	(uucp)
	bill%utastro.UTEXAS@ut-sally.ARPA		(ARPANET)

egv@aicchi.UUCP (Vann) (07/01/85)

> From: Henry.Kautz
>
> On the subject of the "free" software that comes with the Apple
> upgrade:  has ANYONE received theirs yet?  Is this yet another empty
> promise?  (And they have my original system disk!  So we may be all out
> the $400 excess profit on the upgrade, plus $4 for the disk!)
> ---- Henry Kautz
> 	:uucp:	{seismo|allegra}!rochester!henry
> 	:arpa:	henry@rochester
> 	:mail:  Dept. of Comp. Sci., U. of Rochester, NY 14627
> 	:phone: (716) 275-5766

Just when I too was beginning to despair that they had lost my name and
address the last oif my two packages (MacDraw) arrived.  I had to call
and put up a bit of a fuss in order to get my MacProject disks.  It seems
that they are having some promotional outfit handle all of the rebate items
and something got lost in the shuffle.  Supposedly, they had not received
my system disk or copies of receipts.

After a series of call and subsequent returns of calls all was made well
and I am now satisfied.  I do wonder though when Microsoft is going to
send me my rebate which I submitted forms for back in February.  They
were supposed to have sent me a rebate check of 60$ within six (6) weeks.
Needless to say that has not happened.

Then too (now that I think about it) I'm supposed to be getting a
revised copy of MacTerminal and finished documentation.  Maybe, I'll
have to start making a nuisance of myself again...

--
Eric Geoffrey Vann
Analysts International (Chicago Branch)