[net.micro.mac] MacTerminal ?

julian@osu-eddie.UUCP (Julian Gomez) (06/26/85)

*** REPLACE THIS BIT WITH YOUR BAUD ***

How can i get MacTerminal to stop saying there's no modem connected?
It complains but goes ahead and completes dialing anyway. Do i have to
carry DTR etc. to the modem? Right now i'm just using ground, transmit
and receive.
--
	Julian "a tribble took it" Gomez
	The Ohio State University

rjd@linus.UUCP (Robert DeBenedictis) (07/02/85)

Another quick question about MacTerminal:  When using it to receive a file
using xmodem in "Macintosh" mode, how do you tell it to use a different disk.

With macput, the "recieving" file dialog box pops up automatically and you
never have a chance to tell it what disk to use.  Is there an option of
macput that allows you to specify where the file will go?

ron@aicchi.UUCP (Ron Spizzirri) (07/06/85)

In article <444@linus.UUCP> rjd@linus.UUCP (Robert DeBenedictis) writes:

>Another quick question about MacTerminal:  When using it to receive a file
>using xmodem in "Macintosh" mode, how do you tell it to use a different disk.
>
>With macput, the "recieving" file dialog box pops up automatically and you
>never have a chance to tell it what disk to use.  Is there an option of
>macput that allows you to specify where the file will go?

I don't know about macput, but MacTerminal will use the last disk used for
a save......So just do a SAVE AS to the target disk prior to starting macput.

--
				Ron Spizzirri
				Analysts International Corporation (Chicago)

egv@aicchi.UUCP (Vann) (07/08/85)

> Another quick question about MacTerminal:  When using it to receive a file
> using xmodem in "Macintosh" mode, how do you tell it to use a different disk.
>
> With macput, the "recieving" file dialog box pops up automatically and you
> never have a chance to tell it what disk to use.  Is there an option of
> macput that allows you to specify where the file will go?

The simplest method is simply to "SAVE AS" the MacTerminal document to a
disk of your choice and all OUTPUT will then be directed to that drive.
--
Eric Geoffrey Vann
Analysts International (Chicago Branch)

thomas@utah-gr.UUCP (Spencer W. Thomas) (07/10/85)

>> Another quick question about MacTerminal:  When using it to receive a file
>> using xmodem in "Macintosh" mode, how do you tell it to use a different disk.

You can put "diskname:" in front of your filename (using the -n option
to macput) to force it to go to a particular disk.  However, all the
versions of MacTerminal I have used have a bug that causes them to read
the free space from the "startup" disk.

--
=Spencer   ({ihnp4,decvax}!utah-cs!thomas, thomas@utah-cs.ARPA)
	"You don't get to choose how you're going to die.  Or when.