[net.micro.mac] Apple's New Image

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (06/06/85)

In article <1030033@acf4.UUCP> tsc2597@acf4.UUCP (Sam Chin) writes:
>[...]Apple is seeking new talent
>and has hired a new director of marketing for ts Apple II.  He is Michael
>K.  Lorelli, formerly a marketeer with International Playtex Inc's tampon
>group (seriously!).

This should bring about some rather interesting changes in advertising
styles, to wit:

    Mainframe protection from a maxi-processor.

    Software protection you can trust.

Other changes will be a counterparts to IBM's Charlie Chaplin, namely Cathy
Rigby & Brenda Vaccaro.  Also, new cover art for the Apple IIc has been
commisioned to stress portability -- paintings of women in nighties running
along a beach with a IIc in one hand.

However, the culmination of this new idealogy will occur in two years, when
Apple plans to come out with the ultimate in engineering and marketing
sophistication: a disposable Macintosh, packed in a cardboard tube.  A
notice will be printed on the side of the box warning not to attempt
flushing it down the toilet in areas with low water pressure.

--------

Oh, dear, I bet I get flamed for this....

                        "When in doubt, tell the truth."
                                                Mark Twain
                        "When in doubt, book 'em."
                                                Steve McGarret, Five-O

					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
UUCP:
 {cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsri}!uw-beaver \
    {allegra,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,ssc-vax} -- !fluke!moriarty
ARPA:
	fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA

wm@tekchips.UUCP (Wm Leler) (06/20/85)

The new head of marketing for the Apple II comes from Playtex.

The first change he made to the Apple was to change the warning
label on the power supplies.  They used to say:

	Danger: no user servicable parts inside

Now they say

	Warning, danger of Toxic Shock Syndrome

ccs009@ucdavis.UUCP (Capt. Vandervecken) (07/12/85)

> In article <1030033@acf4.UUCP> tsc2597@acf4.UUCP (Sam Chin) writes:
> >[...]Apple is seeking new talent
> >and has hired a new director of marketing for ts Apple II.  He is Michael
> >K.  Lorelli, formerly a marketeer with International Playtex Inc's tampon
> >group (seriously!).
>
> This should bring about some rather interesting changes in advertising
> styles, to wit:
>
>     Mainframe protection from a maxi-processor.
>
>     Software protection you can trust.
>

> Other changes will be a counterparts to IBM's Charlie Chaplin, namely Cathy
> Rigby & Brenda Vaccaro.  Also, new cover art for the Apple IIc has been
> commisioned to stress portability -- paintings of women in nighties running
> along a beach with a IIc in one hand.
>
> However, the culmination of this new idealogy will occur in two years, when
> Apple plans to come out with the ultimate in engineering and marketing
> sophistication: a disposable Macintosh, packed in a cardboard tube.  A
> notice will be printed on the side of the box warning not to attempt
> flushing it down the toilet in areas with low water pressure.
>
> --------
>
> Oh, dear, I bet I get flamed for this....
>
>                         "When in doubt, tell the truth."
>                                                 Mark Twain
>                         "When in doubt, book 'em."
>                                                 Steve McGarret, Five-O
>
> 					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
> 					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
	Jeff,
Not bad, and I own an apple ][c. Most Interesting thing I've seen on the net.
flame lately.

				Two points!
			Dennis Michaels @ U.C. Davis

		'Gravity, its not just a good idea, its the Law'