[net.micro.mac] Jazz vs Microsoft

t-jacobs@utah-cs.UUCP (Tony Jacobs) (07/27/85)

Newsgroups: net.micro.mac
Subject: Re: JAZZ vs Microsoft ??

Don't do anything radical untill you get a taste of Excel by Microsoft.

It will do everything that Multiplan will and alot of what Chart will do as
well as some database capabilities and macros.

It can work with many, many documents (I opened 12) and when you make a change
in one that is linked to another it changes the display of the other.  One may
be a database and the other may be a chart.

You can select which font you use but cannot mix fonts in a document.  You can
also bold and italics a cell.  It has forms capability,  that is drawing lines
along the top, bottom, or sides of any combinations of cells.

It has a capability that I wish all printing programs had.  You can preview
your printout on the screen before you put it on paper.  It has a maginfying
glass cursor that allows you to zoom up to full scale anywhere on the page.
Just click to zoom up and click to zoom back.  VERY NICE.

Excel, Word, File, and the Switcher will be the most powerfull package you can
get.

Jazz is nice and will do alot of things but not as many things, not as well
as the Microsoft package.

Excel is in beta testing now, and is due out in september I believe.  Those
who already have Multiplan will get a significant discount.

Tony Jacobs