[net.micro.mac] Switcher Default Document Name?

harrow@exodus.DEC (Jeff Harrow NCSE TWO/E92 DTN=247-3134) (08/08/85)

What is the name you can assign to a Switcher "Load" document so that
Switcher will automatically execute it at startup?

Thanks,

Jeff Harrow

Work address:
ARPAnet:	HARROW%EXODUS.DEC@decwrl.ARPA
Usenet:		{allegra,Shasta,decvax}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-exodus!harrow
Easynet:	EXODUS::HARROW
Telephone:	(617)858-3134
USPS:		Digital Equipment Corp.
		Mail stop: TWO/E92
		1925 Andover St.
		Tewksbury, MA  01876

ching@amd.UUCP (Mike Ching) (08/09/85)

The load set named switcher.startup will be automagically loaded
when switcher is launched.

rhc@ptsfa.UUCP (Robert Cohen) (08/11/85)

In article <3514@decwrl.UUCP>, harrow@exodus.DEC (Jeff Harrow NCSE TWO/E92 DTN=247-3134) writes:
> What is the name you can assign to a Switcher "Load" document so that
> Switcher will automatically execute it at startup?
> Jeff Harrow

Switcher.Startup.  Too bad this never appeared in documentation!

--
Robert Cohen
San Francisco, California

bhyde@inmet.UUCP (08/13/85)

The name of switcher's start up document can be inferred by
skimming over it's string resources.

beth@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Beth Christy) (08/21/85)

From: bhyde@inmet.UUCP, Message-ID: <26700026@inmet.UUCP>:
>The name of switcher's start up document can be inferred by
>skimming over it's string resources.

Yeah, I think it's reasonable to expect users to skim over a product's
string resources rather than add a note to the doc.  :-)

BTW, what the h*ll are "string resources", and how does one skim over
them?

--

--JB       (Beth Christy, U. of Chicago, ..!ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!beth)

		"Oh yeah, P.S.,
		 I...I feel...feel like...I am
		 in a burning building
		 And I gotta go."            (Laurie Anderson)