[net.micro.mac] Fat Mac request

bartlett@encore.UUCP (John Bartlett) (09/16/85)

Old request I'm sure, but I'm new.  A friend would like me to upgrade his
Mac to 512K.  Please send any info you have.  I'm a hardware engineer, so
technique is not needed, just procedure.

Thanks in advance.  Please mail responses to:

John Bartlett		{ihnp4,decvax,allegra,linus}!encore!bartlett
Encore Computer Corp.
257 Ceder Hill Street
Marlboro, Mass.  01752
(617) 460-0500

Opinions are not necessarily those of Encore Computer Corp.

garym@telesoft.UUCP (Gary Morris @shine) (09/20/85)

In article <226@encore.UUCP> bartlett@encore.UUCP (John Bartlett) writes:
>Old request I'm sure, but I'm new.  A friend would like me to upgrade his
>Mac to 512K.  Please send any info you have.  I'm a hardware engineer, so
>technique is not needed, just procedure.

This is short so I'll post it for everyone.  Two articles that I know of
cover the upgrade.  Dr. Dobb's Journal, January 1985, Pgs 18-23 and pg 4.
Also there was an article in '68' Micro Journal (sorry I don't have the
date).  I've done four upgrades myself using the circuit from Dr. Dobb's
and the parts layout from '68' Micro Journal.  The circuits are almost
identical except for pull up resistors used in Dr. Dobb's.  I also used
74LS253 (Dobb's says use 74F253N, Micro says 74LS253), and have had no
problems.  It's definitely worth reading the article before attempting
the job.

-- GaryM

[General disclaimer: This posting is in no way related to my employer.]

--
GARY A. MORRIS -- TeleSoft, San Diego, CA   (619) 457-2700
		  (UUCP) ...{decvax,ucbvax}!sdcsvax!telesoft!garym