[net.micro.mac] Info needed on APPLE LASERWRITER + POSTSCRIPT

giulio@strolog.UUCP (Giulio Bertellini) (09/27/85)

1. To use the APPLE LASERWRITER effectively and to
use the features of the postscript language, I would
like to exchange views on the relative benefits of
using:

  a) troff + some filters, possibly public domain filters

  b) formatters other than troff

2. Has anyone seen announcements concerning use of
the Postcript language from UNIX (any version, either
System III, System V, Xenix, etc.).

3. Could anyone mail me Adobe Systems Network Address?

Giulio _ Bertellini

	   (mcvax!strolog!giulio)

sra@oddjob.UUCP (Scott R. Anderson) (09/29/85)

In article <121@strolog.UUCP> giulio@strolog.UUCP (Giulio Bertellini) writes:
>Has anyone seen announcements concerning use of
>the Postcript language from UNIX (any version, either
>System III, System V, Xenix, etc.).

Sun Microsystems gets their LaserWriter from Apple, and they provide an
interface kit which has filters for troff, ditroff, Diablo, and plot(5)
output.  If you already have a LaserWriter, you can get it separately,
but they charge $1800.

					Scott Anderson
					ihnp4!oddjob!kaos!sra