[net.micro.mac] Quick MacUser/MacWorld comparison/evaluation

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (10/29/85)

Just a brief note:  after getting MacUser issue #2, I think I can
safely say that this is the best magazine on the market for the Mac
User (not programmer or developer, just user).  I must have used it
as a reference more than 20 times in the last few weeks, and my
subscription money has hopefully reached them intact.

And also, after receiving the latest issue of MacWorld, I think I
can safely say that a more worthless "technical" issue has never
crossed my sight before this.  About fifteen "personality profiles"
of businesspeople who use Macs.  What fun, the People Magazine
pullout section on personal computers.  "Gosh Golly Gee Whiz this
sure is a neat machine to help me reach even higher into the
business plateau that every professional strives for.  Thank
goodness for this wonder of modern science."  Like, gag me with a
mover-'n-shaker, eh?  I am tempted to write "Return to Sender"
across the cover and mail it back, but the most recent Northwest
Software ad is in it...

So, if you're wondering which magazine to go for, you have my two
cents worth...

               "You can thank the Rock 'n Roll
                detector for leading you to your
                doom!"
                                                  "Thanks!"

                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
ARPA: fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA
UUCP: {uw-beaver, sun, allegra, sb6, lbl-csam}!fluke!moriarty

db@cbosgd.UUCP (J. Muir) (10/30/85)

In article <2857@vax4.fluke.UUCP> moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) writes:
>  (Intro)
>     :
>And also, after receiving the latest issue of MacWorld, I think I
>can safely say that a more worthless "technical" issue has never
>crossed my sight before this.
>     :
>   (etc.)
>     :
>I am tempted to write "Return to Sender"
>across the cover and mail it back, but the most recent Northwest
>Software ad is in it...

Don't forget the ad for "MacInooga Choo-Choo[tm]" (p29)!

I've been wanting to write a program to control (or at least simulate)
trains for 10 years.  Then along comes Southern Software with a virtual
train set, (announcer's voice:) "and it's _only_ $39."

(Too bad they didn't tack $0.95 onto the price! :-))

Dave Bursik/..cbosgd!db