[net.micro.mac] Toolbox names in Megamax C

ron@xios.UUCP (Ron Hayter) (12/06/85)

>From: dave@rocksvax.FUN (Dave Sewhuk)

>>Megamax has allowed IM toolbox names for a long time, if the programmer
>>wants to use them.

>That is wrong!!  The syslib file has the names in lower case to link against.
>I didn't have a hard disk at the time so I could not afford to have
>their new 50K batch program or the ToolNames file or the convert program on
>any disk and still have room for the sources, compiler and linker.

I am afraid you have misread the documentation.  As shipped, the Megamax C
system does use all lower case toolbox names, BUT the 'convert' program can
be used to change the names to the capitalization used by Apple.  'convert'
changes the capitalization of toolbox names in text files (such as source and
header files), but it can also be used on the 'syslib' file.  Once all of the
files have been converted, you needn't keep 'convert' or its data file
'toolnames' on your disks.

One of the first things I did when I got Megamax C was to convert everything
to Apple's capitalization.  I also use it on Megamax C programs that I get
from net.sources.mac.

Hope this helps.

--
  Ron Hayter @ XIOS Systems Corporation
  1024 Morrison Drive  Ottawa ON Canada  K2H 9E5  (613) 726 8850