[net.micro.mac] Smalltalk for the Mac;

phillips@reed.UUCP (Patrick Phillips) (12/06/85)

In article <4468@apple.UUCP> mark@apple.UUCP (Mark Lentczner) writes:
>[]
>Being a member of the Smalltalk group at Apple, I was very pleased
>to see the review of our current release of Smalltalk for the Macintosh.
>I need to correct two things with the review however.
>
>    2) The reviewer only had a 512k machine and hence only used level 0
>	of the release.  Level 1, which requires 1 Meg or more, is the
                                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Let's see, if Apple is developing a product to run on a 1 Meg
machine, they must be prepared to produce a 1 Meg machine.  Perhaps
this lends more than rumor to the rumors.

	Patrick Phillips (phillips@reed)

breuel@h-sc1.UUCP (thomas breuel) (12/07/85)

> >    2) The reviewer only had a 512k machine and hence only used level 0
> >	of the release.  Level 1, which requires 1 Meg or more, is the
>                                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Let's see, if Apple is developing a product to run on a 1 Meg
> machine, they must be prepared to produce a 1 Meg machine.  Perhaps
> this lends more than rumor to the rumors.

Please don't start rumours here. Apple already *has* a 1Meg machine.
It is called the Mac XL. You can even upgrade it to 2Meg.

						Thomas.

spector@acf4.UUCP (David HM Spector) (12/07/85)

Perhaps, but if you read further in the description of the level one code,
you'll see its for a Lisa (er, excuse me, a MacXL:-)
None the less, I am confident they (Apple) will introduce some kind of memory
expansion board for the Macintosh on 1/24...

(Any bets on what the SuperBowl Commercial will be?)

		David Spector
		NYU/acf Systems Group

SPECTOR@NYU
...!{allegra,siesmo,rocky,ihnp4}!cmcl2!spector
                                    ^--That's and L, not a one.

yeff@Navajo.ARPA (12/08/85)

In article <5220017@acf4.UUCP> spector@acf4.UUCP (David HM Spector) writes:
>(Any bets on what the SuperBowl Commercial will be?)

well, there won't be one, at least not for Apple...

it was just announced that Apple was one of the sponsors of last year's
SuperBowl to drop of advertising this year (ComputerLand and someone
else were the other ones...)

unless something *really* sneaky is going on here...

jeff doubts it tho

spector@acf4.UUCP (David HM Spector) (12/09/85)

Yeah, but they said that LAST year too...and they put it back in at the last
moment if I recall....
I will be really disappointed if there's no commercial this year; for me its
the only reason to watch the game :-)

			Dave Spector
			NYU/acf Systems Group
SPECTOR@NYU
...!{allegra,siesmo,ihnp4}!cmcl2!spector
                              ^---That's an L, not a one.