[net.micro.mac] What happened to the INFO-MAC digests?????

gwe@cbdkc1.UUCP ( George Erhart x4021 CB 3D288 WDS ) (12/09/85)

[ line eater bait ]

It has been several weeks since the cut over from the fa.* group to the
mod.* groups and I for one would like to know what is going on!!!!!!!!!

I sincerely miss the weekly dose of INFO-MAC. INFO-MACs replacement
mod.computers.macintosh has had only ONE article so far and that has
already been removed by expire.  Is the gatewaying of these groups
still having problems or has the moderator and poster to the mod
version of INFO-MAC stopped posting?

--
George Erhart at AT&T Bell Laboratories Columbus, Ohio
614-860-4021 {ihnp4,cbosgd}!cbdkc1!gwe

spector@acf4.UUCP (David HM Spector) (12/11/85)

There haven't been any new INFO-MACs for a few weeks,....the moderator must
be tied up with something or other...

				DHMS

dubois@uwmacc.UUCP (Paul DuBois) (12/11/85)

> There haven't been any new INFO-MACs for a few weeks,....the moderator must
> be tied up with something or other...

Maybe, maybe not.  Try 'ls /usr/spool/news' - on our machine there
used to be an 'fa' (from Arpanet) directory, which contained the info-mac
stuff.  fa is now gone.

--

Paul DuBois     {allegra,ihnp4,seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!dubois        --+--

"The voice of the Lord is full of majesty."                         |
                           Psalm 29:4

ralphw@ius2.cs.cmu.edu (Ralph Hyre) (12/12/85)

In article <1782@uwmacc.UUCP> dubois@uwmacc.UUCP (Paul DuBois) writes:
>> There haven't been any new INFO-MACs for a few weeks,....
>
>... there used to be an 'fa' (from Arpanet) directory, which contained the
> info-mac stuff.  fa is now gone.
Fa.info-mac changed to mod.computers.macintosh, but there are apparently
some distribution problems with mod. groups, so you might not get the
digests unless you are lucky.

(Further discussion should occur in net.news.group, as indicated on the
followup-to: line)

gwe@cbdkc1.UUCP ( George Erhart x4021 CB 3D288 WDS ) (12/15/85)

In article <1782@uwmacc.UUCP> dubois@uwmacc.UUCP (Paul DuBois) writes:
>> There haven't been any new INFO-MACs for a few weeks,....the moderator must
>> be tied up with something or other...
>Maybe, maybe not.  Try 'ls /usr/spool/news' - on our machine there
>used to be an 'fa' (from Arpanet) directory, which contained the info-mac
>stuff.  fa is now gone.
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

All of the "fa" news groups have been moved to new (and not improved or even
working) moderated groups. Fa.info-mac was suppose to be moving to a new
group called "mod.computers.macintosh", but only one article has shown up
in that group since it was created.

All of these moves were dicussed under our noses in net.news.groups, but
no notice was sent to the readers of the groups that were removed. Plus,
The new names will kill most sites still running "notes" software because
of the long names.
--

mazlack@ernie.BERKELEY.EDU (Lawrence J. &) (12/17/85)

>All of these moves were dicussed under our noses in net.news.groups, but
>no notice was sent to the readers of the groups that were removed. Plus,
>The new names will kill most sites still running "notes" software because
>of the long names.

I think that having to read something like "net.news.groups" just to
protect your behind defeats the purpose of having special purpose
groups.  I suspect that most of us already have too much to wade through
on a narrow focus group.
   ...Larry Mazlack