[net.micro.mac] Query re. Safeware Insurance

mmodel@mirror.UUCP (12/17/85)

Has anyone had any experience with Safeware insurance?
Is this policy for real?  I recently sent my money and
received a seemingly legitimate policy, but they never
asked for an inventory of my equipment and software.
How do they settle claims?  Do they?

	--- Mitchell L Model
	    cca!mirror!mmodel	(mirror!mmodel@cca-unix.ARPA)

bill@crystal.UUCP (12/21/85)

> Has anyone had any experience with Safeware insurance?
> Is this policy for real?  I recently sent my money and

Isn't Safeware one of those that advertize in those advertising card
packs?  I considered them, but called my own insurance agent first.
(This applies under my policy and wisconsin law)
He told my that even with business use, my computer equipment was covered
in my home.  He did say that policies varied on this.  I bought $100 deductible
coverage on my mac, imagewriter and drive for something like $15/year,
as I occasionally take them to the office or elsewhere.

--
	William Cox
	Computer Sciences Department

joel@gould9.UUCP (Joel West) (12/26/85)

In article <17@crystal.UUCP>, bill@crystal.UUCP writes:
> > Has anyone had any experience with Safeware insurance?
> > Is this policy for real?  I recently sent my money and
>
> Isn't Safeware one of those that advertize in those advertising card
> packs?  I considered them, but called my own insurance agent first.
> He told my that even with business use, my computer equipment was covered
> in my home.  He did say that policies varied on this.  I bought $100 deductible
> coverage on my mac, imagewriter and drive for something like $15/year,
> as I occasionally take them to the office or elsewhere.

My State Farm homeowner's insurance included $3,000 of coverage.
Because I also have a C-64 and printer, etc., I decided to buy
the optional rider ($10 for an additional $5,000 of coverage).

6 months later some scum took everything.  But, one deductible
(when you're talking $8,000+, it's hard to keep track of a few $100)
applied to all home furnishings.  Again, check with your agent
re the business use issue.
--
	Joel West	 	(619) 457-9681
	CACI, Inc. Federal, 3344 N. Torrey Pines Ct., La Jolla, CA  92037