[net.micro.mac] Reply to: Questions about ST vs. AMIGA

ec150fcy@sdcc13.UUCP (Joseph McCaughey{|stu) (12/28/85)

In article <322@tekigm2.UUCP>, timothym@tekigm2.UUCP (Timothy D Margeson) writes:

> Hi,
>
> For all you Amiga fans, here's something to flame about....
>
> While all of you are busily discussing whether the Atari or Amiga is better,
> I am here using my Compaq Deskpro, with lots of off the shelf software, just
> watching.... Hope you all feel better.
>
> --

FLAME ON****

Did the IBM PC have an abundance of software when it was
introduced???  NO!!!!  Did the MACINTOSH  have an
abundance of software when it first came
out??? NOOO!!!! In fact, as I recall, the macintosh
didn't have an abundance (relative) of sotware for a whole
year.  A couple of friends of mine had nothing but
macpain (the drawing program) for a long time.

So give the Amiga a break and wait a year.  I am sure the
software base will grow exponentially (so sure in fact, that
I bought one)

I was over at my local computer store the other day, and they
say that the IBM PC'S and the MAC'S are the Amiga's
best friend.  They told me an amusing story about how
this one lady came in to buy a MAC and happened to see
the Amiga, with it's limited software base, running some graphics
program.  So what happened??? She bought the Amiga.

Larry J. MacCaughey (No relation to the MacIntosh)

kalpin@utecfc.UUCP (Jordan E Kalpin) (01/01/86)

>I was over at my local computer store the other day, and they
>say that the IBM PC'S and the MAC'S are the Amiga's
>best friend.  They told me an amusing story about how
>this one lady came in to buy a MAC and happened to see
>the Amiga, with it's limited software base, running some graphics
>program.  So what happened??? She bought the Amiga.

Now isn't this an intelligent little story...
The next time I go into a stereo store to buy a video recorder and see an
RCA video disk player, I think I will buy the RCA unit.  After all, it has
much less of a selection of movies to worry about...I won't have to
trouble my mind over overwhelming shelves of discontinued disks much less
worry about the inconvenience of recording movies.

I guess my New Year's eve has been ruined knowing that there is some lady out
there with $3000 worth of computer and all she can do is follow the bouncing
ball....

Do yourself a favour...bouncing balls are for kids....buy a Mac!!!

Send E-Mail bombs to:

Jordan Kalpin
Mechanical Engineering
University of Toronto