[net.micro.mac] where's the SCSI port

mkg@lzaz.UUCP (Marsh Gosnell) (01/02/86)

Can somebody tell me (and the net) where the SCSI port will be on the
new mac?  Will one of the existing ports be removed to make room for it
or will it be squeezed in with the others.  Also, can I assume that a mac
with the digital board upgrade is == to a mac+.

Thanks in advance
  Marsh Gosnell  ihnp4!lzma!mkg

gwe@cbdkc1.UUCP ( George Erhart x4021 CB 3D288 WDS ) (01/03/86)

In article <459@lzaz.UUCP> mkg@lzaz.UUCP (Marsh Gosnell) writes:
>Can somebody tell me (and the net) where the SCSI port will be on the
>new mac?

Current discussion on BBSs and C-serve says that the ports on the back will
be "scrunched" into smaller connectors like those awful round DIN plugs that
most micro computer manufacturers love. I suspect this means that your $30
modem  and printer cables will have to be replaced. I also wonder what
this will mean for my external disk drive! (That would be one heck of a
connector to replace.

--
George Erhart at AT&T Bell Laboratories Columbus, Ohio
614-860-4021 {ihnp4,cbosgd}!cbdkc1!gwe