[net.micro.mac] Copying Pinball Construction Set

eby@pegasus.UUCP (Robert P. Eby) (01/03/86)

Does anyone know how to copy Pinball Construction Set (or, failing that,
any Mac software from Electronic Arts)?  So far I have tried Copy II Mac
(3.0), using bit copy, sector copy, and a combination of the two.  In
addition, I briefly tried to use MacZap to copy the disk.  There appears
to be only one bad sector on the disk (MacZap claims it is missing it's
data marker).  Unfortunately, although MacZap could tell me what was
wrong, it couldn't copy it (unless I was doing something wrong).  Thanks
in advance.
--
Robert P. Eby / AT&T Information Systems Laboratories / pegasus!eby

dgc@ucla-cs.UUCP (01/05/86)

Central Point Software advertises that version 4.5 of COPY II MAC will
backup Pinball Construction Set.

dgc
--

David G. Cantor

ARPA:	dgc@LOCUS.UCLA.EDU
UUCP:	...!{ihnp4, randvax, sdcrdcf, ucbvax}!ucla-cs!dgc

tim@ism780c.UUCP (Tim Smith) (01/06/86)

In article <2700@pegasus.UUCP> eby@pegasus.UUCP (Robert P. Eby) writes:

>Does anyone know how to copy Pinball Construction Set (or, failing that,
>any Mac software from Electronic Arts)?  So far I have tried Copy II Mac
>(3.0), using bit copy, sector copy, and a combination of the two.  In

Get a newer version of Copy II Mac.
--
Tim Smith       sdcrdcf!ism780c!tim || ima!ism780!tim || ihnp4!cithep!tim

sja@mhuxl.UUCP (Sam J. Anastasio) (01/07/86)

I received Pinball Construction for Christmas and had no trouble copying
it with PCA Software's MacBackup.  I also have Tesseract Software's
MacCopy Version II, which I believe had Pinball on its list of copyables.
I prefer MacBackup over the others and haven't used any of my other copiers
(3) since I got it.

Sam Anastasio         AT&T Bell Labs       Reading, Pa