[net.micro.mac] fa.info-mac ---> mod.computers.macintosh

jbs@mit-eddie.UUCP (Jeff Siegal) (12/13/85)

In article <1782@uwmacc.UUCP> dubois@uwmacc.UUCP (Paul DuBois) writes:
>> There haven't been any new INFO-MACs for a few weeks,....the moderator must
>> be tied up with something or other...
>
>Maybe, maybe not.  Try 'ls /usr/spool/news' - on our machine there
>used to be an 'fa' (from Arpanet) directory, which contained the info-mac
>stuff.  fa is now gone.

Nope, just moved to mod.computers.macintosh.

Jeff Siegal - MIT EECS (jbs@mit-eddie)

dubois@uwmacc.UUCP (Paul DuBois) (12/13/85)

> In article <1782@uwmacc.UUCP> dubois@uwmacc.UUCP (Paul DuBois) writes:
> >> There haven't been any new INFO-MACs for a few weeks,....the moderator must
> >> be tied up with something or other...
> >
> >Maybe, maybe not.  Try 'ls /usr/spool/news' - on our machine there
> >used to be an 'fa' (from Arpanet) directory, which contained the info-mac
> >stuff.  fa is now gone.
> >

> Nope, just moved to mod.computers.macintosh.
>
> Jeff Siegal - MIT EECS (jbs@mit-eddie)

ALL of the fa groups are gone, and NOTHING has appeared in
mod.computers.macintosh.  So, still 'maybe, maybe not.'

--

Paul DuBois     {allegra,ihnp4,seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!dubois        --+--

"The voice of the Lord is full of majesty."                         |
                           Psalm 29:4

brian@ut-sally.UUCP (Brian H. Powell) (12/14/85)

> ALL of the fa groups are gone, and NOTHING has appeared in
> mod.computers.macintosh.  So, still 'maybe, maybe not.'
> Paul DuBois     {allegra,ihnp4,seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!dubois        --+--
> "The voice of the Lord is full of majesty."                         |
>                            Psalm 29:4

     I've been fortunate to have access to both the usenet mod.computers.-
macintosh (on unix) and the arpa INFO-MAC (on a dec20).
     It still exists on the dec20 (pure arpa connection), but hasn't made
it to sally (combination usenet and arpa (and csnet and ...)) in quite
some time.
     The last arpa posting is Volume 4, #4 dated November 24, 1985.

     I suppose the problem lies in the moderator posting improperly or a
broken connection somewhere.  I will contact the moderator and try to
straighten things out.

Brian H. Powell
		UUCP:	{ihnp4,seismo,ctvax}!ut-sally!brian
		ARPA:	brian@sally.UTEXAS.EDU

		 U.S. Mail:		 Southwestern Bell
		P.O. Box 5899		345-0932
		Austin, TX 78763-5899
					 AT&T
					(512) 345-0932

spector@acf4.UUCP (David HM Spector) (12/14/85)

Actually, the problem is that there haven't been any new infomac digests...
I ftp'd the November archive, and there haven't been any new ones., and there
is no December archive as of yet, so.....

....I would assume that the moderator must be too busy to put digests together.
(Note, most of these digests are done as "midnight projects", and occasionally
 the work one get paid to do must interfere with what one WANTS to do...)

		Dave Spector
		SPECTOR@NYU
		...!{siesmo,ihnp4}!cmcl2!spector
                                      ^--That's an L, not a one.

guest@ccivax.UUCP (What's in a name ?) (12/20/85)

> Paul DuBois     {allegra,ihnp4,seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!dubois        --+--
> "The voice of the Lord is full of majesty."                         |
>                            Psalm 29:4

I couldn't figure out how to get to net.flame so here goes.  Please, please
keep the religion the *()^& out of the net and in church where it belongs.

I am Jewish and am greatly offended by Mr DuBois' signature.  Thank you.

Sam Mantel -- Rochester, NY  (guest@ccivax)

cosmos@druhi.UUCP (GuestRA) (12/24/85)

>> Paul DuBois     {allegra,ihnp4,seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!dubois        --+--
>> "The voice of the Lord is full of majesty."                         |
>>                            Psalm 29:4
>
>I couldn't figure out how to get to net.flame so here goes.  Please, please
>keep the religion the *()^& out of the net and in church where it belongs.
>
>I am Jewish and am greatly offended by Mr DuBois' signature.  Thank you.
>
>Sam Mantel -- Rochester, NY  (guest@ccivax)

Religion does not "belong" just in church.  As a Jew, you should know that
it should rule every part of your life (whether Jew or Christian).

jkm@security.UUCP (Jonathan K.Millen) (12/27/85)

In article <339@ccivax.UUCP> Sam Mantel writes:
>> Paul DuBois     {allegra,ihnp4,seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!dubois        --+--
>> "The voice of the Lord is full of majesty."                         |
>>                            Psalm 29:4
>
>I couldn't figure out how to get to net.flame so here goes.  Please, please
>keep the religion the *()^& out of the net and in church where it belongs.
>
>I am Jewish and am greatly offended by Mr DuBois' signature.  Thank you.

Mr. DuBois' signature, like that of most of us, is obviously meant as
an expression of personality and an attempt at enlightenment.

-Jonathan Millen

"We should stand on the shoulders of those who have gone before us,
not on one another's toes." -A Peter Neumann paraphrase

iain@wacsvax.OZ (Iain Massey) (01/06/86)

In article <68@druhi.UUCP>, cosmos@druhi.UUCP (GuestRA) writes:

> >> Paul DuBois     {allegra,ihnp4,seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!dubois        --+--
> >> "The voice of the Lord is full of majesty."                         |
> >>                            Psalm 29:4
> >
> >I couldn't figure out how to get to net.flame so here goes.  Please, please
> >keep the religion the *()^& out of the net and in church where it belongs.
> >
> >I am Jewish and am greatly offended by Mr DuBois' signature.  Thank you.
> >
> >Sam Mantel -- Rochester, NY  (guest@ccivax)
>

> Religion does not "belong" just in church.  As a Jew, you should know that
> it should rule every part of your life (whether Jew or Christian).

I believe that christianity is a system of "harmful lies about the nature of
things" (Aldous Huxley, quoted from memory), so while I'll certainly defend
your freedom of belief and expression, I'd personally rather you kept your
religion to yourself.

Why not keep the net for shared interests, instead of importing the age-old
seeds of division and conflict?

Iain Massey,
c/- Dept. of Computer Science,		(and they are kind to me)
University of Western Australia.

rick@nvzg2.UUCP (Rick Gessner) (01/08/86)

> > >I couldn't figure out how to get to net.flame so here goes.  Please, please
> > >keep the religion the *()^& out of the net and in church where it belongs.
> > >
> > >I am Jewish and am greatly offended by Mr DuBois' signature.  Thank you.
> > >
> > >Sam Mantel -- Rochester, NY  (guest@ccivax)
> >

> > Religion does not "belong" just in church.  As a Jew, you should know that
> > it should rule every part of your life (whether Jew or Christian).
>
> I believe that christianity is a system of "harmful lies about the nature of
> things" (Aldous Huxley, quoted from memory), so while I'll certainly defend
> your freedom of belief and expression, I'd personally rather you kept your
> religion to yourself.
>
> Why not keep the net for shared interests, instead of importing the age-old
> seeds of division and conflict?
>
> Iain Massey,
> c/- Dept. of Computer Science,		(and they are kind to me)
> University of Western Australia.

ALL RIGHT!!!!!    ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!

Listen folks,  there is enough grief about mac groups cluttering up the net
without this being bickering adding more clutter.  I personally could care
less how people express themselves in their signatures, but I DO CARE if
we lose net.*.mac* due to transfer volumes.  If you want to continue this
"discussion" please move it to net.religion or better yet net.fistfight!

'NUFF SAID.

Rick

 |  ______  |     (Rick Gessner)
 | |      | |     (AT&T Information Systems)
 | |      | |     (SDSS-Tech Support)
 |  ------  |     (Altamonte Springs, FL)
 |----------|     (My opinions are just that....,etc.)
 |__________|     (ihnp4!nvzg2!rick)

P.S. Sorry if MY signature offends anyone...........