[net.micro.mac] BinHex 4.0 Error?

david@islenet.UUCP (David Lassner) (01/06/86)

I just got an "End of File Error" from BinHex 4.0 after trying to
reconstitute the version of Red Ryder 7.0 recently posted to the net.
What does this mean, and is there an easy way to repair it?  Or do
I need to download and retry (at 1200 baud -- ugh)?
Thanks for any help!

--
David Lassner {dual|vortex|ihnp4}!islenet!david
University of Hawaii Computing Center

mlr0@bunny.UUCP (Martin Resnick) (01/10/86)

> I just got an "End of File Error" from BinHex 4.0 after trying to
> reconstitute the version of Red Ryder 7.0 recently posted to the net.
> What does this mean, and is there an easy way to repair it?  Or do
> I need to download and retry (at 1200 baud -- ugh)?
> Thanks for any help!

The last line of part 2 of the posting does not have a newline.  You are
probably missing just the last line of the file.  Add the newline before
running xbin.

If you have already downloaded the binhex file, you should just compare
the ends of both files (unix and Mac versions) add add the missing line.

abe@pucc-j (Vic Abell) (01/14/86)

In article <1983@islenet.UUCP> david@islenet.UUCP (David Lassner) writes:
>I just got an "End of File Error" from BinHex 4.0 after trying to
>reconstitute the version of Red Ryder 7.0 recently posted to the net.
>What does this mean, and is there an easy way to repair it?  Or do
>I need to download and retry (at 1200 baud -- ugh)?
>Thanks for any help!

Try taking out the paste line and the blank lines between the 2 parts.