[net.micro.mac] How long ....

iltis@ucsbcsl.UUCP ( ) (01/15/86)

Well, GCC finally got the logic board for the
hyperdrive Mac to the local dealer on 1/14 (one
week after it was allegedly shipped "second day
air". )  Guess what, after about four hours of operation,
the replacement board also failed, with a frowning
mac error code 047f7f !

Needless to say, I don't intend to do any more business
with GCC, but thought the net should be advised of their
lousy repair service.
_____________________________

All opinions are my own and not necessarily those
of my employer.

Ronald A. Iltis
UCSB Dept. ECE

john@gcc-milo.ARPA (John Allred) (01/17/86)

In article <375@ucsbcsl.UUCP> iltis@ucsbcsl.UUCP ( ) writes:
>Well, GCC finally got the logic board for the
>hyperdrive Mac to the local dealer on 1/14 (one
>week after it was allegedly shipped "second day
>air". )  Guess what, after about four hours of operation,
>the replacement board also failed, with a frowning
>mac error code 047f7f !
>
>Needless to say, I don't intend to do any more business
>with GCC, but thought the net should be advised of their
>lousy repair service.
>
>Ronald A. Iltis
>UCSB Dept. ECE

Sorry, Ronald, but error code 047f7f is an error generated during RAM test.
Therefore, your mac logic board has problems, and not the HyperDrive board.--
John Allred
General Computer Company
uucp: seismo!harvard!gcc-milo!john

"Oh, you'll probably get away with crucifixion."
"CRUCIFIXION??"
"Yeah, first offense."