[net.music] Borrowing Riffs

dnj@linus.UUCP (David N. Juitt) (11/06/85)

In article <2087@reed.UUCP> thoma@reed.UUCP (Ann Muir Thomas) writes:
>BTW, did anyone notice that Rush's new single lifts some U2 guitar
>riffs almost completely intact?  Or that Simple Minds seems to be moving
>closer to U2 in style?
>
>Ann Muir Thomas
>"she will be your friend, until the ocean breaks...."

And has anyone noticed that the new INXS song borrows
the bridge in U2's "A Sort of Homecoming".

(And to think when I bought my import copy of "Boy" my friends said,
   They'll never make it, all their songs sound the same ;-} )

PS. - Has anyone heard anything about Matt Johnson of The The
      I'd really like to hear some more from him.  Soul Mining
      is probably the best album I've heard in 5 years.
Dave Juitt				I don't think there are any Russians
     						And there ain't no Yanks
UUCP: ..linus!security!dnj              Just corporate criminals
ARPA:  dnj@mitre-bedford                	Playing with tanks