[net.micro.mac] religion

sbm@purdue.UUCP (Steven B. Munson) (01/10/86)

In article <250@wacsvax.OZ>, iain@wacsvax.OZ (Iain Massey) writes:
> > >I am Jewish and am greatly offended by Mr DuBois' signature.  Thank you.
> > >
> > >Sam Mantel -- Rochester, NY  (guest@ccivax)
> I believe that christianity is a system of "harmful lies about the nature of
> things" (Aldous Huxley, quoted from memory)...

     I honestly don't understand why religion prompts complaints and
insults more than a discussion of the weather would (both being discussions
about the way we see the world around us), but it certainly isn't the topic
to be discussed in this news group.  If I have set up the header to this
article correctly, followups to it will go to net.religion.  If someone was
offended by seeing a cross in a signature in net.micro.mac, surely a
religious discussion here must be much more offensive to him.

					Steve Munson
					sbm@Purdue.EDU
					sbm@Purdue.CSNET

mdm@ecn-pc.UUCP (Mike D McEvoy) (01/10/86)

>I am Jewish and am greatly offended by Mr DuBois' signature.
>Sam Mantel -- Rochester, NY  (guest@ccivax)
>I believe that christianity is a system of "harmful lies about the nature of
>things" (Aldous Huxley, quoted from memory)...Iain Massey

It seems that the first respondent objects to Mr Dubois' response, but is more
than willing to let the balance of the free world know what his faith is and the
second is more than willing to announce his "religious" beliefs.  It sounds
like the two of you are bitching about the same thing your doing.

	LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE.

Sam, you may be offended by his signature....   I think that may be a problem
that you must deal with and not let the net worry about.  A signature is a
personal thing that reflects a little about the individuals personality.
Iain, you've a right to your beliefs (what ever they may be), just as DuBois
is, just put them on the right net and don't use them in a hypocritical
manner.

Mike McEvoy

steves@kepler.UUCP (Steve Schlich) (01/17/86)

In article <453@ecn-pc.UUCP> mdm@ecn-pc.UUCP (Mike D McEvoy) writes:
>>I am Jewish and am greatly offended by Mr DuBois' signature.
>>Sam Mantel -- Rochester, NY  (guest@ccivax)
>>I believe that christianity is a system of "harmful lies about the nature of
>>things" (Aldous Huxley, quoted from memory)...Iain Massey

God is lag[Dughing at both of you.
--

"If what you want is possible, you obviously don't want enough."

            Steve Schlich, MicroPro Product Development
{dual,hplabs,glacier,lll-crg}!well!micropro!kepler!steves

mdm@ecn-pc.UUCP (Mike D McEvoy) (01/20/86)

In article <445@kepler.UUCP> steves@kepler.UUCP (Steve Schlich) writes:
>In article <453@ecn-pc.UUCP> mdm@ecn-pc.UUCP (Mike D McEvoy) writes:
>>>I am Jewish and am greatly offended by Mr DuBois' signature.
>>>Sam Mantel -- Rochester, NY  (guest@ccivax)
>>>I believe that christianity is a system of "harmful lies about the nature of
>>>things" (Aldous Huxley, quoted from memory)...Iain Massey

Hey turkey, how about a retraction. I, alias mdm/Mike McEvoy, did not write
either of those two quotes you attribute to me, I quoted them.

	Now who is God laughing at???

steves@kepler.UUCP (Steve Schlich) (01/24/86)

.UUCP>
In article <457@ecn-pc.UUCP> mdm@ecn-pc.UUCP (Mike D McEvoy) writes:

>Hey turkey, how about a retraction. I, alias mdm/Mike McEvoy, did not write
>either of those two quotes you attribute to me, I quoted them.
>
>	Now who is God laughing at???

God is laughing at whoever made the statement(s) which I mistakenly
attributed to you.  Sorry.
Jees--religion is *TOO* touchy a subject!
--

One town looks very like another /
with your head down over your pieces, brother.