[net.micro.mac] Anyone seens the new Choose Printer DA?

spector@acf4.UUCP (David HM Spector) (01/22/86)

I recieved a copy of the new finder with my update to Consulair C, but didn't
get the new Choose Printer DA, has any one seen it yet?

				David Spector
				NYU/acf Systems Group
PS: It seems that one CAN use the RamCache on a Mac512K..upto a limit of 384Kb
on a 512K system...

		Spector@NYU
		...!{siesmo,ihnp4}!cmcl2!spector
				      ^--That's an L, not a one.

bmug@well.UUCP (01/24/86)

In article <5220025@acf4.UUCP> spector@acf4.UUCP (David HM Spector) writes:

>PS: It seems that one CAN use the RamCache on a Mac512K..upto a limit of 384Kb
>on a 512K system...

I thought the same thing, but apparently it only works with the new ROMs,
even though you can set it in the control panel.  Someone at one of the
developer conferences at the expo said this (I can't remember who, but
someone from Appple).

Fred A. Huxham

spector@acf4.UUCP (David HM Spector) (01/24/86)

Nope, it will work on any Macintosh running the finder 5.1 or greater.  If
you use ResEdit 1.04D, and look into the system file, you'll find a code
resource of type CACH, this is the ram caching code...  It works as expected,
windows open instantly, less segloading, et al...

Remember: the file "Hard Disk 20", that gives those us of who don't (yet)
have the new ROMs, all of the appropriate kernal, filesystem, and rom pathes
to utilize all of the new toys and features of HFS/Finder5.1/etc.

					David Spector
					NYU/acf Systems Group