[net.micro.mac] Current Switcher version?

harrow@exodus.DEC (Jeff Harrow, NCSE LKG1-3/F16 DTN=226-7445) (01/22/86)

Is the current version of Switcher V4.4?  If not, could someone please post
the current one?

Thanks,

Jeff

tim@ism780c.UUCP (Tim Smith) (01/24/86)

There is a version 4.6 of Switcher.  I have no idea what it does.
Version 4.4 was the release version.
--
Tim Smith       sdcrdcf!ism780c!tim || ima!ism780!tim || ihnp4!cithep!tim

borton@sdcc3.UUCP (Chris Borton) (01/25/86)

In article <312@ism780c.UUCP> tim@ism780c.UUCP (Tim Smith) writes:
>There is a version 4.6 of Switcher.  I have no idea what it does.
>Version 4.4 was the release version.
>--
>Tim Smith       sdcrdcf!ism780c!tim || ima!ism780!tim || ihnp4!cithep!tim

4.6 handles HFS correctly.  Although 4.4 works fine with HFS, it doesn't
store the full path to an application in the document file.  When you try to
load that file, with the current directory something different, it tells you
'So-and-so not found.'  This gets frustrating on an HD20 since I like having
a MacWrite directory, a MacPaint directory, and so on.  4.6 is able to load
the programs whereever they may be, and whatever the current directory may
be.

Happy Maccing!

--Chris
Chris Borton, UC San Diego Undergraduate CS
Micro Consultant, UCSD

borton@ucsd.ARPA     or  ...!{ucbvax,decvax,noscvax,ihnp4,bang}!sdcsvax!borton