[net.micro.mac] Current releases request

harrow@exodus.DEC (Jeff Harrow, NCSE LKG1-3/F16 DTN=226-7445) (01/27/86)

It is my understanding that Apple has allowed the general posting
of software such as the Finder and Switchers.

If this is  indeed  true,  would someone please post the Switcher
V4.6 and Finder V5.1  to  the  net  so that we can all experiment
with HFS's new goodies?

Thanks,

Jeff

tim@ism780c.UUCP (Tim Smith) (01/28/86)

In article <731@decwrl.DEC.COM> harrow@exodus.DEC (Jeff Harrow, NCSE LKG1-3/F16 DTN=226-7445) writes:
>It is my understanding that Apple has allowed the general posting
>of software such as the Finder and Switchers.

They have allowed Switcher in the past.  I don't think that they have ever
allowed a Finder.  MAUG(tm) has not been able to get permission to
put any Finder on Compuserve, so I doubt that anyone on USENET can.

>If this is  indeed  true,  would someone please post the Switcher
>V4.6 and Finder V5.1  to  the  net  so that we can all experiment
>with HFS's new goodies?

You need more than the Finder to use HFS.  If you have the other HFS
stuff,  then whoever gave you that should be able to give you Finder 5.?
also.
--
Tim Smith       sdcrdcf!ism780c!tim || ima!ism780!tim || ihnp4!cithep!tim

hrt@ut-sally.UUCP (Henry Tirri) (01/30/86)

In article <338@ism780c.UUCP> tim@ism780c.UUCP (Tim Smith) writes:
>In article <731@decwrl.DEC.COM> harrow@exodus.DEC (Jeff Harrow, NCSE LKG1-3/F16 DTN=226-7445) writes:
>>It is my understanding that Apple has allowed the general posting
>>of software such as the Finder and Switchers.
>>

>They have allowed Switcher in the past.  I don't think that they have ever
>allowed a Finder.  MAUG(tm) has not been able to get permission to
>put any Finder on Compuserve, so I doubt that anyone on USENET can.

>Tim Smith       sdcrdcf!ism780c!tim || ima!ism780!tim || ihnp4!cithep!tim
I just got my Mac+ and try to do something sensible with it (since
many of my programs have annoying problems with the New HFS ROMs).
My switcher version is 4.4 and works only partially. Could somebody
post (or mail to me) binhexed (4.0) version of 4.6. that supposedly
works better with my machine assuming it is still distributed
"freeware".

--Henry Tirri (university of Texas at Austin, Dept. of Computer Science)

(To save you the trouble of asking: I love it. I just miss the old
disk drive sound....)