[net.micro.mac] unpit

horst@rochester.UUCP (02/05/86)

From: Horst Greilich  <horst>

Allan G. Weber (Weber%Brand@USC-ECL) and Brian Diehm <briand@tekig4Diehm.UUCP>
wrote:

>> I have just posted to net.sources.mac a program I call "unpit" that I've
>> been using since last fall on a 4.2BSD VAX to unpack the components of a
>> PackIt file into separate files.
>
> Funny, I could've just SWORN that PackIt was able to do this!  Amazing! :-)
> -Brian Diehm
> Tektronix, Inc.

Right, but... As PackIt-files very often contain MacWrite formatted
documentation, now it is easy to xbin, unpack the file on the VAX,
'writetotroff' the documentation file and have it printed out
immediately, rather than slowly downloading it via 1200 baud to
the Mac, binhex, unpack and have it slowly printed on an Imagewriter.

Horst Greilich <horst@ROCHESTER.ARPA>